the Rift

[OPEN] whither shall I wander; Africa

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Africa was chuckling softly at the fudge stallion's smiling admission that he would prefer an avian as preference over the company of a feline. Primarily she agreed with a wholehearted, grinning nod, but over the seasons she had viewed many different companion combinations; the strangest perhaps was the shiny scaled black snake, Mara, who was always draped as decoration throughout the antler crown Gaucho at home wore. Instinct compelled her to maintain some safe distance from the hissing creature during meetings and such; stay wary and alert when the serpent was close. Although she held an immense love for the natural world, Africa was well prepared with a healthy respect for the creatures and plants that one should ordinarily avoid.

Long wavy tresses, crimson glancing through predominant oily black, flapped lazily across pointed dark-grey hocks, licking indolently around weary pasterns and cool hard hooves. The breeze was light, bringing hint of the eastern ocean- an offshore squall perhaps, and relieving the meadow of that choking humidity at least for a small time; washing the heat of the day away. Africa was grateful, and as she too relaxed in the company of Gabriel, Silas opened his fluttering wings to catch beneath them the updraft to carry him upwards and away. The Zephyr was confident, reading with raptor-eyes the body-language shared between the pair, that Africa would be quite safe while she mingled by the dribbling stream. Gracefully his star-specked body vanished through the looming darkness to find something to eat.

The well-mannered stallion answered her question with a contagious smile and right away the already cheerful expression plastered athwart her face lifted further. "Of course." Africa reassured him playfully, although she had offered him no reason to believe something finer could occupy the time that they were sharing. "Where are you from?" The one-winged started, rocking her weight left, clear of the rear hoof which tilted then comfortably. There was genuine interest slipping between her parting lips, spilling forwards with breath and words. "How did you come across Helovia?" Every character had a different story, a history to be shared and perhaps retold to the many generations born through the years which would surely follow- that was Africa's interest, bringing the past to life and honouring those whose tales were outstanding; or perhaps just able to captivate the mind of a starry-eyed child. Every imagination needed a hero.

For @[Gabriel]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-14-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-17-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 11:07 PM