the Rift

[OPEN] whither shall I wander; Africa

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

She was sensitive normally, and respected any wish for privacy that any sharing company with her might prefer- Gabriel was quite forthcoming though, surprisingly so, and while did not appear to delve down into the deepest corners of his history, Africa was more than pleased to benefit from the tale he told. She had a bright, reactive imagination that was not easy to quell. As his voice stoked her listening ears, a picture began to form before her eyes of a vast rich pasture, littered mostly with old gnarled elm trees and dancing white and yellow daisies- similar perhaps to the meadow upon whose grounds they were relaxing, but far lovelier. She pictured the fudge foal lying beneath his mother's touching nose and smiled coolly to herself. The scene began to shift like the twirling colours of a kaleidoscope and an older colt of the same appearance, already brave and gallant, was striding between the melding landscapes in her mind, trailing the brothers which had been noted. Then the great redwood forest of Helovia materialised and Africa recognised it immediately. The colt had been able to track his companions; had become lost.

The young dreamy mare's vision cleared suddenly and Gabriel was standing before once more, though his words had faded and his cordial expression seemed to switch between thoughts- he began again to speak to her, and Africa nodded silently. She understood easily about restless legs and drifting bodies, whether intentional or not. In the years past the young ambitious grey had considered herself to be somewhat of an adventurer; her peers and even her parents had thought foolish and impulsive was better fitting. Recently that had all come to a rather brutal end though, and now if she felt the need to travel there was quite a select route which she opted to walk. Africa was more than familiar with cursed luck.

"I was born across the sea..." She began, following the lead of her friend (she felt boldly that such a relationship brewed). "To a tribe of Pegasi who lived across the jagged cliffs of Nyorm." She thought fondly of her family and the way they thrived in that precariously stable, rocky environment. It had been so long since she had taken such a moment to reflect and to Africa's dismay she found the faces of those she had once loved to be blurred by the passage of time. "I roamed the land above but my father was nervous and I never went far. Last year I arrived in the Threshold and have seen much of Helovia already. More than she should have unfortunately. There is much to explore and I love to learn. I collect unusual bits too- like shells and stones, flowers and pine cones." There was little telling if Gabriel would appreciate what she told him, but she didn't really mind either way. It was simply nice passing the time with someone who felt so level headed and normal- if normal could even be defined. "Maybe one day if you are ever towards the south, stop by the desert and ask for me. I could show you my treasures." Africa never mentioned her trespass in any conversation; its secret was still a dark, formidable memory that she had locked far, far down in the depths of her core; and the world's simmering curiosity surrounding the lost appendage never once crossed her mind.

For @[Gabriel] <3

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-14-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-17-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Gabriel - 11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: whither shall I wander; Africa - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 11:07 PM