the Rift

I... Cannot maintain!

Virva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
DarrelBirkett@flickr
:.Virva.:

A beach... Landed on a beach again. Another... Not the same...
The hot sun stood low and the only thing that kept the air from quiver was the warm wind coming in from the sea. Gulls sailed overhead, watching as the small mare walked slowly across the wet sand close to the water. They watched how her dappled fur was rugged and patched with dried dust and sweat, her thick mane and tail tangled with twigs and leaves. The white wings being dragged in the sand. But what did that matter, when they were dirty already?

She was tired and just wanted to rest. She was tired of constantly be on the move, to always avoid shade and keep track of the sun. The sun was sinking now... But she was tired! She wanted to sleep, but she could not. The sun was going down and she had to stay awake. She should not be out alone in the open, she should be up in the air. Hiding somewhere. Not being alone. But it would not matter... They had come in the open, in the air and from every hiding place. They had come even though everyone were together. In masses, they had come and everything... Gone...

She dropped to her knees and let out a hoarse call of surprise. She snorted at the sand and tried to lift her head, but a sudden slam of dizziness tipped her over on her side instead. It was warm. So warm and yet so strangely comfortable. The Island had often been too warm for her liking but this sand and wind were soothing. But only until her eyes wandered over the sky and once again noted the sinking sun. Cannot rest now... Heart pounding in her chest, eyes staring wildly at the burning orb and a front leg flailed weakly a couple of times in the air.

But she did not get up. Water rolled softly back and forth over her hooves and the sound tried to make her fall asleep. Day was for sleep, but she had not slept. She had kept moving somewhere. Why did I not sleep? It was too late now. Night was coming, they would come and she was not moving. She would fall asleep and they would find her and the sleep would be eternal. So tired... Everything hurts. Maybe she would find the others if she slept. She would love to meet them again.

She let out a sigh and through half opened eyes, she watched the ocean and the sunset. It was so beautiful and she might look so calm, had it not been for her ragged breath and inner panic over the coming night.

Messages In This Thread
I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-10-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ophelia - 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-23-2012, 09:20 AM