the Rift

I... Cannot maintain!

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>                                                      even holding on tight won't save us this time.</style>
image by Massimo Valiani @ flickr.com</style>

Comadre’s eyes catch a glint of white as his eyes tear away from the face of Ricciardo. Scanning the horizon with violets, the little dragon can see nothing that he had thought was present in the distance. The white beacon, like a mast of a great ship in his peripherals, was lost in the short time he had taken to turn his head. However, the little black was certain he had seen something. Lifting off of the wolf’s shoulder, the dragon scans the beach from a higher vantage, small wings pushing lightly through the air as he looks in the direction he could have sworn there was something. Hoof prints in the sand were upon one knell, and the faint scent of Ophelia drifted across the salty tang of the air.

The little dragon coos sadly, but his bonded is too distracted at the moment to notice.

As the words spoken to the unicorn stallion left Osiris’s mouth, Virva’s limbs set into motion. The hybrid was automatically wary of her movement, edging back to allow her more room to maneuver, while listening to the panic in her voice. The chestnut stallion seemed ultimately confused, so the wolf assumed he had never been to the cursed land of Isilme. Golden eyes dart sharply back to the gray mare, even as she comes to sit in an awkward position, her eyes of honey wide with fright. Though the other stallion had been helpful enough to answer Osiris’s question, the immediate problem was not water - it was steeling Virva’s nerves.

Ease your mind, Virva,” Osiris says gently, falling in beside her and dropping his head so that they were eye level. “The shadows do not lurk in these lands, and the night will only bring predators of the natural kind.” He lets a gruff smile tug at his lips before looking back to the stallion, who had asked a question that the hybrid had frankly expected. It was not normal for the night to bring such terror to full grown individuals. His face is stoic, but his words have a sharp hint of foreboding in them as he speaks of the land of the night.

We are from a land overrun by the dead,” he says evenly, but the words echo with the wariness that should come with ghosts. “She fears the shadow creatures that attacked during the night, their bodies like dark blades.” Osiris places a gentle nudge on Virva’s shoulder, his attention being stolen by the gray mare once more, even as Comadre soars back down to land in the sand near the trio of equids. The dragon makes a strange chriping noise before nudging Osiris’s injured leg.

Before we can see to her, we must clean your injury. Gray lady said so. The purple eyes of the dragon glint in challenge at his much larger bonded.

[ sorry for the wait. x: ]
""

Messages In This Thread
I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-10-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Osiris - 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Virva - 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ricciardo - 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: I... Cannot maintain! - by Ophelia - 08-16-2012, 11:31 PM