the Rift

[PRIVATE] Medic! Medic! Save my crumbling bones.

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind
Kou had not been unaware that the Plague had been gearing up for war and apparently neither had the Edge, so she could not place the blame solely on d'Artagnan, she supposed. Psyche was also at fault for not not being more secretive with her plans. The nurse was also upset with herself for not keeping a closer eye on her sons, but the boys loved to wander and explore the world around them. She had just never suspected that the bastards that had stolen their home from them would stoop so low as to steal children. The pale mare's focus had barely been on d'Artagnan's words, but they slapped her in the face at once when he said that he renounced his position within the herd.

"You what?" She asked dumbfounded that he would make such a serious decision without her. Had he been convinced that she would never be free from the Edge? Had he thought her dead and figured he would finally be free from a life in a herd? Why did her heart feel like it was cracking into a thousand pieces? "Why?" She choked the question out and shook her head in disbelief. "What are we going to do? What are you going to do?" She amended herself seconds after she voiced the first question. She could not leave the herd. She could not throw her children into lives as outcasts. There was no stability and she wanted them desperately to have that because she had not when she was a child.

Kou was still reeling from d'Artagnan's choice of leaving the Basin, but she still heard his next words. Whether or not they registered in her shocked brain the doctor would be unable to tell. She needed to figure out if she would follow the doctor because she would forgive him, eventually. She loved him even if he didn't love her as much as she did him.

"When did you start looking at me like that?"

"When did you start loving me less?" The question flew from her lips before she could stop it. At that point there was nothing she could do but stand there and look at the doctor and will away the tears that were beginning to well in her eyes. She would rather be angry with him still than feel the sadness that was grasping at her heart and strangling it.

"."
image by imi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medic! Medic! Save my crumbling bones. - by Kou - 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM