the Rift

[PRIVATE] Medic! Medic! Save my crumbling bones.

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind

If there was one thing that d'Artagnan had said so far that Kou could agree with him on it was that the herd had changed. She was still unaware of the change in leadership, Psyche's denouncement and Deimos' ascension to the role of Lord of the Basin. "It hasn't been the same since Mauja disappeared." She finally said. "And it won't be the same until Mauja comes back. The only thing we can do is deal with it until that time comes." It was funny how she still had faith that the pale king would return when he'd spent a majority of his time missing since they'd been run from the Edge and found a home in the icy Basin.

Her face softened a bit when he told her of his goal to find Mauja, but hardened again when he explained why he had left the Basin and his desire not to drag them down. She shorted and flicked her tail again in irritation. "Let them be dragged down!" She said fiercely. "They're already fizzling out! What pride have they got left, anyway?" Siding with the hornless and then losing to them again, allowing their children to be stolen by their enemies. Part of the blame fell on her because she had not kept a closer eye on her wandering boys, but it was always easier to blame someone else for their shortfalls than view them as her own.

"My heart will always belong to you, I'm sorry it's a little battered and on the outside it seems as cold as ice. But it's all I've got to give."

And that was all it took to melt the icy look off of the little mare's face and make her deflate, her anger and sadness all but gone. The doctor had always said that she had a way with words, but he was unaware that he had a way with them, himself. "You're an ass." She said, her head lifting defiantly as she stepped closer to the doctor. When she was close enough she pressed the side of her face against his neck and sighed quietly as the tears she had been fighting back finally spilled over.

"."

@[d'Artagnan]
image by imi

Messages In This Thread