the Rift

[PRIVATE] [P] Footsteps of a Fool

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The girl was always bouncing. How on earth was this painted mare always bouncing? It seemed nearly impossible. There had to be some moment when the happiness wasn't gleaming in her eyes. Yet, Resplendence had yet to encounter such a thing and that only caused her even more worry. If the mare was to drop, she would drop hard. No. Res wouldn't worry about that right now. She just had to keep an eye on the mare's energy levels as they started to travel out farther and farther from home.

What were they here to gather again? She couldn't quite remember. Oh well. They were heading towards the Heart it seemed, so Res simply assumed it was going to be some random gem of a rock, anything Kahlua could use to adorn her creations.

The painted mare nickered at Res as they moved, the heat from the lava radiating against Res's pelt as she continued to edge in closer and closer to where Kahlua was. And then, it seemed, that Kahlua was sliding. Her entire body disappearing with a loud thud into a hole not more than a few feet from where Res stood. Panic filled her mind as she listened to the yelp and the clanging of the basket as it knocked against some of the rock before landing on something softer.

Instantly, Res was shooting forward t the sound of her name, her own hooves sliding on the slick stone that had caused Kahlua's tumble. Feet splaying out in front of her she tumbled down the shoot and gave out a cough, feeling her hair wrap around her limbs as she squeezed her eyes shut. Her head banging against Kahlua's shoulder as a small whine of disdain escapes her maw. "Right here..." she coughed, shaking her head out before clambering to her feet. Kah seems too stunned to pay much attention to the fact that Res is right beside her and says that she should come and see this, her painted frame standing up as the mare looked toward the crystal wall in awe.

Res could feel a gentle cursing warmth through her veins as she inched in closer to the painted mare, still feeling a ringing her head from having bone meet bone. "You alright, Kah?" she questioned, starting to nudge the mare all over to see if she flinched at something. At least she knew that the painted one hadn't twisted or broken anything in the tumble as she was still standing.

"Do you know how we're going to get out of here?" Res's weak voice emerged, looking back up to the slippery slope they had stumbled in from. Perhaps there was a better entrance. Perhaps that was the only exit. It was time to figure out how to leave...

472 words

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
[P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Kahlua - 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Resplendence - 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Quilyan - 11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by NPC - 11-15-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Kahlua - 11-16-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: [P] Footsteps of a Fool - by Resplendence - 11-16-2013, 04:06 AM