the Rift

[OPEN] Ever-warm;

Ilacta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Suspended high above the mountains and rolling white hills, she could not deny that the bite in the air was a welcome change to the dry, intense heat of the Throat. She looked down, wiggling her front hooves giddily atop the world below like a kid wiggling their toes on a sky-ride. It had been so, so long since she’d taken a soar just to clear her head. There was no other feeling so freeing, so safe. No matter where she went, she could always count on the safety of the sky, and Helovia was no exception.

Her eyes closed placidly as she took the deepest breath she possibly could, her lungs rattling with cold. She held it for a long moment before forcefully steaming it out of her nostrils and into the air before her. It hung heavy just in front of her face before wrapping around her neck, breast, legs, and then dissipating as her wings puffed her past it.

Cleansed.

Her mind, for the first time in months, was near-thoughtless. Still.

She opened her eyes once more, their pupils faintly glowing in the evening light, focused on a sloping hill that fell abruptly off into what looked like frozen waves of rock hundreds of feet below.

Gently does she lower herself, her legs lazily outstretching and then bending beneath her weight as she fluffs down into the snow. She is a vision in black, the blackest-black, a satin-bodied beacon glowing against the blue-white snow, with wind tugging at the heavy waves of her mane and tail and knotting them into the feathers of her wings.

And for a moment, she just stands, eyes cast out to the horizon where the borealis slowly begin to reveal themselves. Her wings curl around her breast, shawl-like and ever-warm, and for the first time in a long time, she is content.

Ilacta *
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north,
no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean.

[Open thread! Excuse the caca, I fail at random posts. She needs to meet some new faces :)]

Messages In This Thread
Ever-warm; - by Ilacta - 11-08-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Murdock - 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Pandora - 11-09-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Ilacta - 11-09-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Murdock - 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Pandora - 11-13-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Ilacta - 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Murdock - 11-17-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Ever-warm; - by Pandora - 11-20-2013, 10:35 PM