the Rift

[OPEN] top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Once I had asked my question, there was a delay. Did Africa not face her fears? I guess it was okay she had not. I still have not faced mine, and I was in no rush to do so. I did not know what was so frightening about water, but it just was. Whether water was described as a "blue paradise with waves that cool you" or "a watery death-trap laid for you, personally," only effected me slightly. I saw it one way and that way only. I did not let the way it was represented effect my view on it. I did not judge a book by it's cover. Meaning, I did not just look at a water and immediately decide it was bad. I had many bad incidents in the water, and near water. I no longer trust water's wild and wacky ways.

"I have been forced to face my fears. It did me a great disservice and I would never wish such horror upon another soul. I am very sorry I brought you to the ocean just now Aurelia." Africa spoke simply and apologetically. She was sorry for taking me here, but I was not upset being brought here. I merely did not like being in water. Looking at it was easy. I loved sand, especially running and playing on it.

"This has not been upsetting to me." My voice was steady and simple. I added no flowery words to what I spoke. Why did one even have the urge to use long words? I was straight-to-the point. I was also very honest. Some might even call me real. I was not afraid to get to the point and be honest with it. If you sing me an hour-long sob story, I will tell you what I liked, thought was okay, and things I did not like. I will tell you how the song made me feel, and if that is what you expected me to feel like. No flowery words, amigo.

"Boys? Is there a particular boy who makes you feel more nervous than the rest?" She paused between her sentences. There was one boy, but he wasn't a boy and he was older than me by a year at least. Africa might find it hilarious that I thought the newly appointed Sultan was who I thought was charming-- in a primal and feral way. Would she be weirded out that I liked such an older stallion? Would she tell the bay? Would I act weird next time I saw him? "I-I haven't met any colts," I paused and let Africa think about the words I just spoke. At this point, maybe she thought I was interested in no one. "I find our new Sultan, quite... alluring? Cute?" I could not find the correct words for this awkward situation.

Maybe because, I was awkward.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread