[OPEN] top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

Dragon's Throat Oracle

After brushing the hesitation and paranoia from her compassionate and concerned shoulders again and again, the young dappled mare could no longer ignore the feeling which began to churn in her stomach- both nauseating and undeserved. As her calmly perceptive gaze monitored the girl, Africa became increasingly aware that the young filly's expression seemed to have shed the sweet, wide-eyed innocence which for the length of their first meeting in the Threshold, the one-winged mare had truly felt she could relate to. Aurelia had been warm, forthcoming and curious; naive though motivated, and it was this glow which seemed to hang in aura about her that had felt so right.
Now though, with a slumped and confused heart, Africa could not find that bind between them, and she wondered with grave disappointment why it had been weakened- how had it soured? Could she have been so wrong to wish the girl's fate by her side? Quite literally she shook the flood of thoughts from her feminine facade and smiled, concealing easily her disharmony behind the rehearsed gesture- one she had not needed to hide behind for many months.

When Aurelia spoke, promised and concluded with a question, Africa drew a quick breath through gritted teeth and lifted her body from the warm sand with a huff. Around her the substrate cascaded as a shadowy-red waterfall.
"You do not need permission." She said softly, without wanting to appear interfering at all; almost only as the breath slipping between her lips. The grey glanced from the small Pegasus towards the flickering firelight beyond the looming darkness of the oasis. "Travel as you will, but heed the warnings which are given to you. They are for your own safety." Africa cared so deeply for Aurelia- perhaps any child whose path had lost direction and reason. It pained her deeply that someone who she had invested so deeply in could switch in attitude so quickly. She mused as heavy eyes reflected the sacred flame, whether all children were so unsteady and unpredictable. Certainly she did not see herself suiting the role of a mother.

At that point Silas fluttered down from the black heavens to alight upon the rump of his suddenly troubled beloved.

"I will let you settle in for the night." Africa cooed through the stillness and reached to brush her velvet muzzle by the filly's cheek; eyes closed. She knew that parting ways was more for her own benefit than for Aurelia's, but maintained the graceful air of tranquillity so that the other would sense nothing unusual.

It might just have been her imagination; it was so late in the day...

Ooc- wow, angsty Africa o.O

Eagle by :: Jassy2012@dA

Messages In This Thread
RE: top of the social ladder, fell hard [Open - Africa] - by Africa - 11-18-2013, 08:47 PM