the Rift

[OPEN] What happened
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I hadn’t seen young Hototo in what felt like ages. Yar, I’d not seen any of Ktulu’s family since the day of my return to Helovia from that forsaken world of portal pools and altered realities. There was hope that his life had retained, that much wasn’t forsaken—the young demi was still rasping breath for sure. Why else did our world flourish with grace, glory? Had he passed on into eternal sleep I would guess that the earth as a whole would gather to mourn the loss of such a son. None such had transpired yet, though I prayed for him regardless….Ktulu, Cera, and little Jiji.

Today started like any other, I stirred from an empty bed. Groggily gazing back at the spot Cera used to inhabit during dark hours, a sad frown creased a normally relaxed expression. Fina shifted from her sleeping roost, bright aqua eyes opening to meet the darkness with a dismayed click of her beak. We would head out before the heaven turned grey blue and bled into a sunrise. Hours passed during patrol, and grew steadily hotter with each passing moment. There was no complaining despite the sweat that clung to flank and shoulder, I relished the feel of blazing sunkiss. It was still too soon to find distaste in the heat after living in a dark cloud for many a month.

Fina blazed across the sky, her beats nearly twice that of mine. She speed ahead and returned soon after to soar alongside—when I turned to glance her way there was a smile upon her face (if a bird could somehow smile) and sly chuckle sliding into my conscious mind. “What is it?” I ask quietly, not overly curious. “See,” she hisses back, nudging my wing with one of her fiery feathers.

I follow willingly, bored enough by the racing sand below to not argue or press for more information. Dark specks appeared on the horizon, three or more—it was hard to tell at this distance. Fina (who was usually the brash or unpleasant one) only smiled that rare way when I pressed a question through our connection. Patience was rewarded soon enough, recognition spurred my motion and both wings curved toward barrel. Like a rock suddenly flung into the sky my frame falls forward. Heaven pitch's awkwardly above until I was leaning toward hard ground in a heartracing skydive. A lesser flyer might have become a wet mess moments later, but this body knew its dance and skillfully those feathered appendages thrust apart when appropriately distanced and lowered me gently to earth. My mane was damp from exercise and splayed across the bowed curve of my forehead and neck. Gaze momentarily flickers to the dark soldier Levi.

Any weariness was ushered from limbs as strong vocals filled the air to greet my kin, “Welcome Ophelia, Hototo.” A smile broke past the dreary gloom that had plagued me for weeks, such an expression couldn’t easily be contained—nor should it ever. Fina alighted against my right quarter, her eyes widening at the sight of Tinek and his silvery hide. Strolling ahead with confidence and a desire for physical connection I stretched my moist muzzle outward, seeking Hototo and then Ophelia. “It brings me great gladness to know ye is well Hototo,” to both I add gently, “Ye two is welcome to stay as long as is desired.” The tender happiness showing outward is pale in comparison to the joy that is felt inward.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
What happened - by Ophelia - 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: What happened - by Levi - 11-10-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-22-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM