the Rift

[OPEN] What happened
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Hototo had grown to look so much like his Da. I smiled warmly at the child that I’d seen grow from a stumbling colt, to a proud warrior. His tall frame towering toward heaven and rightly so. He mentions Cera and my heart does a little flop at the mere memory of our last reunion. The beginnings of a frown slip across my eyes, but it doesn’t yet reach my face enough to be noticed, “We’ve been well enough.” I say softly, though stiffly.

Ophelia, was concerned—and surprisingly so. I didn’t figure that she had anything left in Dragon’s Throat to care for. But despite our bonds and struggles, she was still my sister in a way—perhaps more by title then anything. I’d see her well cared for in spite of past transgressions. Though it is hard to remain soft and forgiving when she asks if battle had come to our shores, I stiffen visibly and glance her way with an unusual hardening forming behind a sheet of compassion, “Aye, we have built a wall.” Gaze slips to the unfinished towers that have yet to be erected, and the stone that hadn’t reached full height.

“Tis was one of Kri’s last requests before she vanished; to be completed as she might have wished it.” I paused for a moment then added, “To answer your question, yes, we’ve withstood an assault from Basin and Foothills while they attacked Edge.” And failed to grind either beneath heel. I watch for a change in those tri colored eyes without knowing what I searched for. Perhaps repentance or sorrow—anything that would prove that this world still bore some semblance of its previous warmth. A warmth that had just now begun to feel lost—a month’s time would see it drenched completely.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
What happened - by Ophelia - 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: What happened - by Levi - 11-10-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-22-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: What happened - by Ophelia - 12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Hototo - 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: What happened - by Midas - 12-29-2013, 05:51 PM