the Rift

Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN]

Acantha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Acantha
It's when loneliness burned down what was left of my soul, that I chose to hide in the shadows

Silence bound the leaf ridden forest, as not even a song bird offered it's voice to the wind. The sun was beginning to sink behind a dense sheet of clouds, their bellies swollen with rain. Though the forest darkened into a hazy bog, the sky promoted an extravagant array of hues blanketing the surrounding air. Thunder rolled loudly in the distance, as an occasional crack of lighting highlighted the bark of the surrounding woodland. The trees loomed over her head ominously, their branches heavily cloaked in leaves. Confident, but yet careful strides broke the silence as Acantha carried her head rather low and sluggish. Pale electric blue pools peered around every corner, scanning the blackened timberland. As the sun began to sink ever lower beneath the horizon, Acantha felt herself commencing into a more relaxed state of mind. The darkness was her companion. Her only companion. As sad and depressing as it may sound, she had always been a solitary soul. Crowds never interested her, nor did a significant other sound remotely appealing.

Inhaling sharply, the bay sabino mare halted. Elegantly carved ears swiveled in the directions of the wind, listening for any unknown sounds. She was usually never this aware, but the scent of equine reeked in this particular area. Hoofprints scattered the earth below her in many different shapes and sizes. Why had so many horses come and gone? She had never detected so many scents at once in her entire existence. Coating her mouth with any remaining saliva, she continued to march assuredly through the bush. Thirst tugged at her throat with every breath. Muscles rippled with each step, as her lithe feminine frame slipped through the narrow pathways of bush with ease. Despite her vivid color, Acantha kept her edge with a swift hand. She was convinced that she must constantly travel, i guess it's one of her ways of escaping her reality.

Ebony tassels caught and snapped in the lower hanging vines which only annoyed Acantha as she abruptly snatched her neck downwards to free her pitch colored mane from the gnarling plants. The area she ventured into seemed to be more isolated as the ambiance of the forest didn't scream equine nearly as much. Suddenly, a hopeful grin spread across the mares velveteen lips as running water could be heard ahead. Breaking into a brisk trot, she pushed through the dense brush, fighting the prickly thorns as they stabbed her sensitive sides and neck. She felt as though she was making quite a ruckus of herself before finally emerging from the ensnaring briers. She hoped she didn't alert anyone nearby that might have taken a drink to quench their thirst. The translucent water trickled from a trivial stream, eventually forming into a small insignificant pool. It wasn't much, but it would satisfy her ever hungry thirst. Dipping her maw into the cool water, she parted her lips only to gorge her acrid throat with the chilled liquid. Drops of rain began to hit the water in front of her muzzle before the droplets began to gently thump her spine.

(i do apologize for how horrible this is, i have been out of the whole rp business for a while so i'm a bit rusty. :3)

[Image: 2lsjej8.png]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Acantha - 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Levi - 11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Lena - 11-10-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Acantha - 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Levi - 11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Daughter of smoke and bone. [OPEN] - by Lena - 11-12-2013, 05:43 PM