the Rift

[OPEN] when i was young i knew everything

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
I'd rather kiss the ground than kiss a starless sky
Sacre's once so strong shoulders faltered and quivered, his gaze dropping downwards as his heart twisted, teeth clenching and his eyes tightening. It angered and saddened him to no end that his brother thought such things of himself, he hated the world for making him think such things and lastly, he hated himself for not having the ability to make him feel better. He wondered sometimes if Roux truly knew how much Sacre cared for him, that if he could, the crimson stained child would bring down the stars just for him to touch. Conquer the world so he didn't have to choose. At the same time he knew Roux needed to learn alone, to walk alone and to 'see' by himself. Perhaps then he would feel more independant, more freedom. However, the right thing was hard to put into words for Sacre, selfishness was never something he'd found in himself until now and it latched onto him like a bad disease. "I need you. I need by little twin brother" he whispered, gaze returning to Sacre with a small smile on his dark lips. "perhaps... Perhaps you should travel, feel the world for what it is under your hooves. Find purpose in adventure." He offered a little more loudly this time, trying his best to mask his voice from worry that plagued his mind. The boy took a leaf from his own book, Sacre had always been one for adventure, though he had found little hope in his short years. Maybe Roux would.

Ears twitched as his merlot twin trailed off and something catches the blues of his eyes, it was almost overlookable until the screeching started. A bird it seemed had lost her nest and fallen to the ground, littering it with a scattering of broken eggs apart from one. A small tragedy in the larger scheme, but Sacre still looked on with wide eyes full of shock, the deaths of her precious young would live with the boy forever, no matter how insignificant it was.

Roux asked questions and the cogs of his young mind set to work as he frowned and contemplated for a few moments before taking in a deep breath. The mother would be hard work, but they couldn't leave the egg out in the open like it was. "We'll have to save the last egg, if we leave it, there's a very good chance it'll be eaten." He thought for a couple moments more, gaze shifting from the mother to the egg before he decided on something that might work. "You have a gentler touch than me, see if you can retrieve the egg, I'll distract the mother." Sacre grimiced through his last words as his eyes now focussed on the distressed mother who could probably take his eyes out if he was not careful. The boy started forwards, hoping Roux was well on his way, and began his diversion act. He attempted an almost herding affect, trying to get the mother to be more concerned about himself than his twin approaching from elsewhere.
image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 11-10-2013, 05:32 AM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by NPC - 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Roux - 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: when i was young i knew everything - by Sacre - 12-24-2013, 04:35 AM