the Rift

[PRIVATE] sugar, spice, and everything nice [alysanne]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Well, it seemed Aly really was a little rusty on reading situations. Her sheepish look only grew when it was revealed that the filly did not yet know how to fly. “Ooh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.” Hopefully Aurelia would not hold it against her. “I wish I could offer to help you learn, but as you just witnessed I don’t think I would be a very good teacher.” If only Iona were here – her twin had always been an incredible flyer. Aly would have sworn that she was born knowing how to fly if she had not known better. But Aly much preferred to keep her feet on the ground, to be where the trees and mountains were taller than her and let the birds have their dominion.

The filly was bright with enthusiasm about her home and it was infectious – although Aly was still uncertain about how long she would be staying in Helovia, so far everyone she knew that lived here had such amazing passion for their homes. It was refreshing and truly delightful! Hearing Aurelia describe her home and how much she loved it brought a honest and bright smile to those deep green eyes.

One day, she just might feel that way about a home or a herd herself. That was the dream, anyway.

For now, she took delight in hearing the joyful note that came when someone described something they truly loved and were proud of. Aurelia had already found it at such a young age. “I didn’t know that, but that’s wonderful news! Your home sounds wonderful – I like the idea of not taking a swim when I go for a landing.” Kahlua had mentioned that the Qian was a peaceful herd, the news of allies was not altogether surprising. A happy coincidence that the ally was her new friend’s home! “How about we do both? I’d love to visit your home and to show you mine. There’s a beautiful glass wall that they just finished building that runs around the boarder and so many trees I don’t even think you could count them.” Of course she had to mention those trees – one of the first things she had noticed.

Her eyes lit up even more as a great idea came to her. Or, at least, it seemed like a great idea. “I’ve even got a friend there that might be able to help us with the whole ‘flying’ business – if you’re interested.” From what she remembered, Miykael had never once failed at a landing, take off or anything in between around her. Then again, maybe Aurelia already had a teacher lined up. “Do your parents live in the Throat with you?” It seemed an innocent enough question, asked with gentle and sincere curiosity.

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: sugar, spice, and everything nice [alysanne] - by Alysanne - 11-14-2013, 03:38 PM