the Rift

Curiosity and a creek

Celebi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Celebi
Making echos in a vacant space, hoping for a call back

The flecked mare's maw curled into a smile at Lena's praise of her little tale and took pleasure in the thought that Solace enjoyed it as well. Even the fox Imogen appeared to agree. It made her so elated that she gave a tiny hop to accompany her grin and show her thanks, though it quickly tempered off to a drifty but thoughtful mask as the offers from both Solace and Lena hummed into her ears. Celebi tilted her head to the side, like a spying owl then, pondering. A home in the Foothills? A home in the Aurora Basin?

In answer the mare smiled warmly, chuckling some. " That's kind, but I'm already home." The tone of her voice was light and sincere. It did not occur to Celebi that a lone unicorn was something of an oddity, that herds were the natural order of things. Of course she had been born into a herd but she had grown up in the ways of the Wild Plains, were bands and loners crawled about the vastness of the land and knew no boundaries or rules for that matter.

" The world is my roost," she explained,perhaps sensing a potential for puzzlement, lifting her muzzle to gesture vaguely at all of the encompassing surroundings. " I belong wherever I trend. That is the rule of the Free. It is irrefutable." At that she gave a quick and slight but reverent kneel with a left foreleg at her retelling of the rule, for it was owed. Oddly though, a sliver of worry made itself known to Celebi in that same moment, under the gaze of the bay mare and charcoal stallion. Something about there insistence of their homes made her wonder. And before, Celebi did not fail to notice the slight disturbance Solace had made at the Basin mare's arrival. Was there something untold here that she should know? Whatever the matter the stallion seemed keen on departing knowledge upon the fleabit and Celebi felt no reason to decline, for she did have her curiosities about this...Helovia, was it?

Still, regardless, a question begged to asked first.

" Do depart upon me worldly tales of your fantastic lands, by my rights as a traveler it is owed to me to know what lies underfoot... but first.." She paused, letting her thoughts gather before continuing."...Do tell me though why you, Lena, don a horn and you, Solace, do not?" It was an honest question and meant with good intentions. Celebi had never encountered someone hornless before and so it was bizarre to the wandering mare, a fact that was perhaps due to her sheltered and distant life. Her yellow-green eyes regarded Solace softly, inquisitively, as if trying to spot a horn hidden in his thick forelock. "Did you break yours? It's alright if you did. It's not that embarrassing."

"blah blah blah."

@[Lena] @[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-10-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-10-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-10-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-14-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-17-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Celebi - 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Solace - 11-21-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Curiosity and a creek - by Lena - 11-21-2013, 06:54 PM