the Rift

This is my Darkness[OPEN]

Never Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

this is my darkness
Never

It was just another day, another place, no different than the other places I have been. This place, I didn't even know the name of it, was temporary. I wanted to keep it that way. I have been traveling for a couple of years. After waking up in the forests of what I thought to be my homeland, having no memory of how I got there, I was ran out of the herd. I don't know if the herd was mine or not, but they turned me away, hell, they chased me off, their ears pinned against their head and teeth bared dangerously. I knew when I wasn't welcomed.

After being ran off, I set out to find a herd to settle into, but had no luck. After a year and a half traveling, I came across a herd. However, I had become bitter and angry that when the curious members of the herd got close, I would put my ears back and warn them off. I did this to each member until they all turned away from me with an irritated swish of their tail. I was about to keep going until one member of the herd, a mare, had come closer, her ears perked and a kind sparkle in her multi-colored eyes. I think even then I knew I would have in her my life. Times got easier. Things were going smoother for the outside, for me. Until one day a new stallion had taken over the herd. when I had tried to defend the herd, or take over leadershi I followed the herd, I tracked them, despite being so far behind. I did, however, manage to catch up only to notice Quinn was no longer with them... After that I had developed a cold heart. I didn't want to be around anyone else, didn't want to deal with another herd. I don't mix well with others and it was best I steered clear.

I stayed hidden in the shadows, the only tell-tale sign was the white on my face and my forearms. My forelock fell down face, hiding most of the white, the rest of my mane was a tangled mess, twigs, burrs, the works. When untangled and clean, my mane fell down to just above my knees, while my tail would --albeit annoyingly-- catch on twigs and brush since it was rather long. I was a rough site, rather scary to look at, at the moment.

The forest was comforting. I felt not only safe, but home here. Which was ironic, seeing as how I never had a real home. I lifted my gaze skyward, able to see some of the sky above me through the many leaves. Blue skies. A happy day. It wasn't very welcoming for me. I had become used to the darkness. Not of the world, but within myself. A darkness that'd spread throughout my body, cloud my mind and heat the blood in my veins. Anger. Resentment. Bitterness. These were my sources of darkness. The darkness was something I had welcomed.

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
This is my Darkness[OPEN] - by Never - 11-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Xanthos - 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Never - 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Never - 11-11-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Never - 11-16-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Xanthos - 11-11-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: This is my Darkness - by Xanthos - 11-12-2013, 07:36 AM