the Rift

[OPEN] For the First Time

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

to coax the darkness into light</style>

The journey from Threshold to Foothills had been, thankfully, a considerably short one. With weary feet keeping me held upright, I hoped that my eagerness to settle in this supposed Foothills would quicken my pace and hide the exhaustion that had plagued my body for some time now. It was pleasant to have company again, not only in the form of the grey Ciceron who had offered this invitation to me, but of the grullo lady, Colt, as well. Despite my involuntary isolation from others for nearly the past year, it seemed my social skills had not waned completely, and I supposed I had my talkative nature to thank for that.

When the trees became far more sparse and the terrain began to roll into gentle sloping hills, I could only imagine that we had surpassed the borders of the Windtossed Foothills, rightfully named if so. Coming to a stop on one such hill, I took a moment to take in what lay before me. A string was struck within my heart at the fond memory of Ossic Briar and its own rolling terrain, but I was quick to force the thoughts out from my head and instead focus on the here and now. This wasn't my old home, and I needed to appreciate it as a completely new place. In the distance I could hear the churning waters of a waterfall and a gently running stream, but it was lost to my eyes. In the far distance were mountains that reached high into the sky, seeming to caress the heavens above.

"It is absolutely beautiful!" I exclaimed, eyes wide and bright as I made to move forward and venture further into what was considered uncharted lands to me. How many others resided here? Was there more to see, cradled within the hills and hidden from sight? The sound of the waterfall had caught my attention first and foremost, so why not begin my journey there? Exhaustion forgotten, I picked up my pace into a carefree trot down the hill, direction pointed towards the sound of the falling water.

talk

Messages In This Thread
For the First Time - by Finn - 11-11-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: For the First Time - by Ciceron - 11-12-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: For the First Time - by Phaedra - 11-12-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: For the First Time - by Colt - 11-12-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: For the First Time - by Ciceron - 11-19-2013, 11:55 PM