the Rift

[PRIVATE] until death do us part [vulture]

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 2nq65o0.png]

Vulture

He had the eye of a vulture –a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold

I watch her cry, and plead. Images flash through my mind, I see myself. Please, just stop. I’ll be good, I’ll do anything just stop please, I blink, and in that moment I realize she is gone. At my feet are a bunch of feathers. I can feel something sliding down my cheek, and then I realize I have been crying. How did a moment of victory shift into a moment of weakness? How did I let the girl go?

A loud scream escapes from my lips as I look up at the sky. “Why can’t I ever win?” I scream to the heavens. “Nothing in this life has ever gone right for me.” I kick up a wave of snow. Then I walk toward the puddles of blood in the snow. An innocent, wounded because of my blinding bloodlust. I know the Sin, and I know that it’s bride wouldn’t be so weak. She wouldn’t plead or beg for mercy. I lay down in the snow, in the puddles, and I bury just stare at what I have done. “I hope you’re happy Nero.” I can still feel the tears slipping down my cheeks. “I stooped to your level. I reached your level of low, I wounded a child.” Violence comes easily to me, I have no restraint in that department, but I swore to myself never to harm an innocent child. I vowed to never inflict what had been inflicted upon me.

Stupid boy, how many times have I told you?
Please, I promise to be good.. I’ll do anything!

I can see that eye staring at me. It’s cold and hollow. “Please, go, just leave me alone.” I whisper, “You can’t torment me anymore, I killed you remember?” My eyes are shut, and I shout. I know my grandfather’s spirit is near. He is laughing at me. When I open my eyes, I don’t see him, but I know he’s there. He’s here, the monster that always lurks in the back of mind, the creature that torments me in my slumber. For a split second, I see him. That dark figure looming over me, and my eyes widen in terror. No! No! NO!

In my ears his heartbeat rings. Louder, louder, and louder, I can stop it. I stand up, and scream loudly. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut the fuck up! You’re dead, I killed you. I watched your blood spill onto the ground.”

I close my eyes tightly, and when I open them again, he’s gone. My expression hardens, and I narrow my eyes. I have to leave. I can’t stay her, I can’t let myself remain in the place where my grandfather’s spirit lies. I have to find the Temptress, I have to find Sinners and destroy them.

I walk toward the abandoned feathers, I pick them up and carefully place them in my tail. They will be tossed aside once I leave, but for now I will let them be a reminder. A reminder of how this place is destroying me, it is destroying the Sin Slayer. I glance out at the cold wasteland in front of me, I know I can find my way out of here. I just have to go the way I came, the Threshold. My hooves carry me there, at full speed.

and so by degrees – very gradually –I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Italics are past Vulture and his Grandfather

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
until death do us part [vulture] - by Aurelia - 11-12-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Vulture - 11-12-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Aurelia - 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Vulture - 11-13-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Aurelia - 11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Circuta - 11-16-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: until death do us part [vulture] - by Vulture - 11-16-2013, 03:22 AM