the Rift

white bones and black souls

Hecate Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I watch as she moves through the trees, pale decay. She is a fragile being, and pale as death; she is not dark as the shadows or black as a moonless night, but white as snow and ice, the color of dry bones and skeletons lit by moonlight. When she walks it is delicately, not in the way a unicorn steps gracefully but rather fearfully, as if the ground might reach up and swallow her, or perhaps she might shatter her foreleg if she steps too hard. It is a warm summer day, the sun glowing brightly and cheerfully, a twinkling, winking golden eye, but still the unicorn shivers, head dipping and swaying, trembling like a newborn child.

Hecate pauses in her walk, tail lashing. Her mouth foams just slightly, and what a fearsome mouth it is- all sharp, filed teeth and cut lips.

Above her the birds continue their twittering and chirping, weaving their songs cheerfully, feathers glowing ruby and sapphire among the green shade. Up her head tilts, a girlish smile curling over her vacant features, and she giggles, sounding for all the word like a child. Still, I cannot help but notice the red caught between her stained teeth, the fetid stink of her breath smelling like a corpse- and her smell, even, smells of decay and cold and winter monsters. She- it- is not right.

Not right at all.

I cringe as I hear her voice- such a voice! All silk and velvet, rustic and gentle, but with a peculiar lilt to it that screams and grits like a pebble honing a knife on the edge of hearing. "Helleborr!" She calls, an earnest smile on her milky face. “Where are you, my love?"

A frown tugs at her mouth as no answer comes. The silence is deafening. "Helleborr," she chuckles nervously, pale eyes flicking around, more rapidly by each passing moment. "Helleborr, come out! I don’t like this game."

The sun flickers and dims behind a cloud, casting the world into grim pale shadow.

what is dead can never die

-- open to all and any, but please let phantom post first with Helleborr!

Messages In This Thread
white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-17-2013, 02:22 AM