the Rift

white bones and black souls

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 2nq65o0.png]

Vulture

He had the eye of a vulture –a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold

I know I should probably feel afraid, but my initial reaction to finding out not only have I stumbled upon crazies, their cannibalistic. You’ve got to be shitting me! The two of them are looking at me hungrily, and goddamnit if they come near me I’ll slit their crazy little throats, I am not about to be filly food. My ears twitch backward and I narrow my eyes, I don’t show fear. These types typically feed off of it, so I believe as long as I look menacing I’ll be okay. When they start to draw close, I lower my horn and back away. Not out of fear, an when I get my distance, I stand taller, taking a look of dominance. These two won't touch me!

“First course? I am sorry but you will have to dine on your own dick before I let you even take a bite out of me,” I hiss back at them, clearly they didn’t even regard my previous words, so I think they probably won’t even listen now, I need a way to catch their attention. An idea pops into my mind, and I have to admit, I am oh so clever. “Why kill me when there is a whole plethora of meals for you, that’s one of the nice things about Helovia, there are a lot of equines here… And these equines may be easier to catch than I am, because I plan to slit your throats if you come near me… Others, all you have to do is approach them in the dark, and their yours. Or are you two such inexperienced hunters that you can't even wait to satisfy your hung pangs? If so, you're more pathetic than I thought.” Taunts won't get me anywhere, I should know that by now, but I know the floodgates have opened and there is no stopping my reckless mouth.

I keep my gaze on both of them, and I tense my muscles in case they decide to approach. They are younger than I am, still developing, while I’m entering the prime of my life, their not even fully grown. I also know this forest, they don’t. All I’d have to do is run fast enough into the Deep Forest and I could lose them with ease, but then there is the factor of my exhaustion. I have been running hard all day, it is only a matter of time before I collapse.

I decide now though, I’d rather die from exhaustion than be eaten by some wannabe predator and his bitch.

and so by degrees – very gradually –I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Image Credit
|Elufunt-stock|sophie-y|secondclaw| @ deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-17-2013, 02:22 AM