the Rift

[OPEN] Strictly business, of course

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

Well. She might have to give the mare half a point for not just letting Shadow waltz through the gate. The peeking over a painted shoulder did nothing for her but confirm that the forest indeed continued on the other side of the wall - dark, mysterious, a hazy blur of trunks and stems that sent chills down her spine. Not a good place to get lost in, she was sure.

Rather unwilling to see how much pressure it would take for the crafter to cave in and relinquish her only piece of respect for the mare, the raven quite obediently accepted the lack of invitation and settled back down in a casual manner, the smile as sweet as ever as she thought over the question. Frankly, it gave her some trouble. What indeed did you give to a foal? She'd never had a need for anything when she was a foal, her parents love had been everything as they roamed with the wind. Even now she only held on to a few small tokens of victory, symbols of pride with some moderate uses...

"Something pretty" she mused aloud, expression vacant as she reluctantly tried to picture the critter running by her side. "Nothing too cute, since it should fit a colt as well.. Light, so it doesn't weigh them down, and adjustable so it can be worn even as it grows. Maybe.. a harness of sort? I'm sure you can come up with something nice" she finished, returning her attention to the Edger with a comforted look that suggested she would be happy with anything the mare had designed. Wasn't she the best of the best when it came to her trade? Hadn't Shadow come to her, even though the Throat had quite capable craftsmen themselves?

"As for the payment, I'd be happy to oblige. You can have as many leaves as you want, just come by anytime and I'll pick some for you."

With that the raven seemed to relax (if it was possibly to become more relaxed than she already was) and breathed out in a soft sigh, as though a load had been lifted from her ebony shoulders.

"Now that that's been taken care of... How are you? Is it nice living here? I must confess I've never come to visit you all up here before, terribly inconsiderate of me of course, but what can you do... " The expression on Skuggi's face became even more whimsical, as though she had struggled to behave appropriately, and she tripped a little on the spot.

"You don't think I could.. you know.. come in for a visit? I've heard so much about the World's Edge from the others in the herd, how you're all so strong and brave and have dragons... That's not really true though, is it.." A giggle tried to brush the question off, convinced as she was that the rumor merely was an exaggeration - and this was the honest truth, because Shadow had never seen a dragon. To her they were figments of imagination, glorified lizards or simply mare's tales to keep foals from doing stupid things... There was no way they were actually real.

[ooc: here's a Reference]

image credits
table by whit

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-21-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-22-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-27-2013, 02:59 AM