the Rift

[OPEN] From the Ashes (Griffin Hatching)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

The noise of another caused Torleik to snap his head up, eyes narrowed and blazing with icy, murderous intent for anyone who would seek to harm his newborn companion. His expression was fierce and devoid of mercy, a frightening thing to behold - but, luckily for Fallyn, Torleik recognized her and begrudingly calmed himself. Mares were no less of a threat than stallions in many cases, but he highly doubted this particular mare would be foolish enough to try something against him so soon after he had given her a home.

Yet did you not show such contempt yourself, for your saviors? He ruefully pushed that thought aside, silencing his own conscience with a grunt that the situation was just a bit more complicated than walking in on a newborn. "Fallyn," he greeted in return, observing her. She seemed agitated, afraid almost. Was he frightening to her, even after making it a point to be kind and polite upon her advent to Helovia?

The mare's subsequent question cleared up his wondering and he looked down at the baby snuggled up into his chest. An almost painful feeling swelled in his chest, the pressure pleasant and suffocating at the same time. Was that what love for another felt like? For one's child, at least? "It's a griffin," he replied, a soft smile gracing his rugged and normally stoic features for a few seconds as it nuzzled its little head closer into his warmth. "I found the egg in Helovia's Heart and proved myself worthy to take care of it. I kept it warm for nearly two weeks and...it just hatched," the rabicano stallion explained succinctly.

Looking up again, he regarded Fallyn curiously. "What brings you to my...cave? Not many venture this far toward the Frostbreath Steppe without reason." Torleik had chosen this particular cave for its distance from the main bustle of the Basin, and, perhaps, for another reason he could not fully articulate within himself just yet.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
From the Ashes (Griffin Hatching) - by Torleik - 11-12-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: From the Ashes (Griffin Hatching) - by Fallyn - 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: From the Ashes (Griffin Hatching) - by Torleik - 11-25-2013, 03:22 PM