[PRIVATE] Here's to bad parenting
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

A gray pegasus mare was lying in the sand, and she looked hurt, helpless. An expression crossed Osiris' face that could only be emotion, deep feeling and perhaps even love. Despite his own injuries, he ran to her aide, whispering her name, but Ophelia did not hear. She felt empty and unworthy, silly and foolish. And to mirror her feelings, she let a brief power overtake her body, turning her as invisible as she felt. The wind on the ocean had taken her hair like a banner for no one to see.

Ophelia opened her eyes and stared sadly at the beach, remembering her childish love for the half-wolf. Now, she remembered the stallion fondly, but then? Embarrassment and hurt had made her stomach turn to churning ulcers. She realized that her feelings for him were not romantic, but she had not been only or wise enough to know that then. He was a good friend, a protector, and she wished him love. She just knew that his future did not contain love with this strange, broken creature.

How long had it been since her heart was unburdened enough to dance in the water? To run across the sand just to feel the wind in her mane? Such actions seemed folly now, laughable, but she could not deny the pounding in her heart that told her to run. A half-hearted smile crossed her lips as Tinek soared and dived in the sky, coaxing her. The smile cracked into a grin, and she laughed. "All right, fine, you win," he chuckled.

Ophelia trotted to where the sand turned firm, just at the top of the length of the crested wave. She picked up an easy canter, alert and forward until Tinek shot forward. Phi chuckled and shook her head before launching into a sprint. She was a lanky, long and pale blur against the blue ocean, slender legs churning in a delicate way even at full gallop. Her cloven hooves easily kept her balance, and moments later, she slowed to a trot, breathing heavily.

The mare looked up at the dragon and smiled. "Thank you, Tinek," she murmured. Ophelia watched as the sun started to very slowly begin its descent over the horizon, setting in the west. The thundering sound of the ocean soothed her, and she picked up her traveling walk again, heading into the unknown.

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

@[d'Artagnan]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Here's to bad parenting - by Ophelia - 11-13-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by d'Artagnan - 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by Ophelia - 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by d'Artagnan - 01-03-2014, 07:30 AM