the Rift

[PRIVATE] Here's to bad parenting

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

Beach. d'Artagnan loathed the beach. He failed to see the beauty in it and often came here when he wanted to vent, he found the ugly waves argued well when it came to the height of his voice. All he saw was salt and water, the sun bouncing off the sand making him wince at the intensity; he also hated Tallsun. Hooves followed paws, Aramis loped on ahead with his red tipped tail lashing from side to side in what d'Artagnan could only describe as annoyance. "What's the matter with you?" The former mender inquired, his voice amused to see the hound in such a manner, Aramis was normally quite reserved. It's going to take me forever to get all this sand out of my pads, Sir his bonded complained in his usual blunt toned manner which sent his glass horned friend into gales of laughter. "I pray for your sanity" which earned a glare from the hound who had slowed his pace to move alongside d'Artagnan, shouldn't you pray for your own sanity? The pair gazed at each other for mere seconds before both bursting into harsh laughter, the mood lightening a little.

It was then that Aramis stopped his gleeful chortles as ears, nose and eyes shot ahead to the strangers in the distance. Heckles rising on his shoulders and red markings coming alive, he clawed at the surface to get ahead of the Nightshade who stopped his own laughing to frown in confusion. Strangers, though familiar? Horse and flying reptile d'Artagnan took in the information and peered ahead, he knew many enemies with flying reptiles though the closer he got the more he could make out a horn. You know how to handle this Aramis he nodded to the dragon before turning his attention to the increasingly familiar horned figure. Sir! Aramis dropped his pace and locked his eyes onto the sky, the Nightshade had very few good meetings with dragons.

Upon closer inspection d'Artagnan was surprised to recognize Ophelia, the mare who took such a disliking to him that day in the Basin for his treatment of Mesec. He wondered what this mare was to him, an idol? A mother figure? He knew for a fact that Kou had loved that boy even when she didn't have to, he knew he had failed him in many ways as a father, but the shade was not one to be told about his own parenting skills by a mare he barely knew. So he offered her a double edged smile, stopping before the sea, hooves still firmly on the sand. "What a thing to find you here" his low voice sounded amused, eyes briefly rolling skywards before returning to her pale features with a grimace "A free world I suppose... Ophelia was it?" He was pretty sure that was her name, but one could never be too sure, especially when it came to names. d'Artagnan always struggled with the names.

[sorry for the wait tamme! <3]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Here's to bad parenting - by Ophelia - 11-13-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by d'Artagnan - 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by Ophelia - 12-21-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: Here's to bad parenting - by d'Artagnan - 01-03-2014, 07:30 AM