the Rift

Every hour wounds. The last one kills. [Open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

After her day on the top of the world, Alysanne had become undeniably lost. All because she liked to make a point of spending most nights in the Edge, the place she was certainly coming to think of as her home.

It had certainly seemed like a good plan, and when she had descended from the mountains she thought she would have enough time – but that was when she had mistakenly thought she’d find her way easily.

She should have taken off right there in the field in the mountains and flown back, but it wasn’t something that had crossed her mind. Her instinct was to walk, though it may take longer and though it often resulted in her getting lost (such as in this instance). If getting lost hadn’t usually resulted in such wonderful encounters for her, she might think it an inconvenience. As it was, she rather did not mind it.

Still, as the sky darkened, both with the promise of rain and the descent of the sun, she realized she was not getting closer to the Edge. The trees here seemed familiar but not the right familiar. Hope was not lost, as it never was for her, and she pressed on until she caught the voice of another nearby. Through the gloom she spotted the unicorn first, admittedly – the pale white standing out most – and immediately changed her direction to move closer. Whoever it was, they might be able to help her find her way.

She was quite upon them when she realized why the trees were familiar – this was the Threshold and she had just walked right into a group similar to the one that had greeted her when she first arrived. With a small “Oh!” escaping her in realization, she came to a stop right where she was – just a little farther back than she’d normally stand for conversation.

Well there was no use in pretending she was not there now – they surely did not miss her – and besides at least one in the group might be able to help her. Quickly, she moved forward a couple steps and set about explaining. “Oh dear, I do apologize. I should have paid more intention – I did not mean to interrupt. I’m afraid I’ve gotten a little lost heading back to the Edge.” For all the days that Alysanne had spent wandering about to the different lands in Helovia she might have figured out which path to take. It was easy enough with the coast – but it was not always there to guide her.

If only she would remember those great wings of her, which were now folded tightly against her side so they would not tangle too much on the branches.

Despite her blunder, a smile grew and emerald eyes flickered from one face to another, greeting all just as happily as the next. “My name’s Alysanne.” It had not appeared as if anyone was moving off so it was hard to say at which point in the conversation she had arrived. Anyway, feeling sorry did not translate to leaving. It was a happy mistake and now she had found herself in the company of three strangers – how delightful! Might as well join in on the conversation while they allowed her. Who knows, maybe one of them would turn out to be going to same way as her. “Where are you all from?”

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Every hour wounds. The last one kills. [Open] - by Czernobog - 11-13-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Every hour wounds. The last one kills. [Open] - by Czernobog - 11-15-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: Every hour wounds. The last one kills. [Open] - by Czernobog - 11-29-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Every hour wounds. The last one kills. [Open] - by Alysanne - 12-03-2013, 12:26 AM