the Rift

In Softest Air, A Stutter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

In softest air, a stutter steers the heart away from the bane, leaves lasting sorrows and carries me a new

Pale eyes took in the details of the new arrival. Never before had she laid eyes upon such a brilliantly colored individual, mixes of brown, black, and gold, all that the orphan had seen previously were the dark pelts of her parents. Then she noticed the crown upon the mare’s head, Jorogumo stared at it for a long moment. So, one of her own kind had found her. This brought a sense of relief over the filly, for it was not one of those strange beings her mother had told her about in bedtime stories. Each story had told of them in different ways, in some the pegasi were friendly wind spirits, in others they were malicious beings lusting after the lives of the grounded. As for the equines, Shinigami had always told her that they were mundanes not blessed like they were.

Jorogumo listened carefully to the mare, she spoke of not harming the dark filly, and then proceeded to ask where her family was. She pondered how to answer this question for a long while, but then the words came to her all at once. Pale eyes locked with the mare’s gold. “My family is dead,” she said. In a sense, that was true. Her family was dead to her, they no longer wanted her… So they weren’t her family anymore she decided. Still, her heart yearned for the gentle caress of her mother’s nose, the affectionate nips at her tail. She even craved the rare attention she would get from her father. All of that was gone though, Jorogumo knew it was time for a new chapter to start, maybe she could get this mare to help her, maybe she could convince her to take her somewhere safe.

”I don’t know where I am,” Jorogumo continued, her eyes still locked with the other mare. “I don't want my soul to be taken by the death's arms yet...” There was obvious vulnerability an genuine fear in her voice, but she tried her best to hide it from her face. Perhaps this was a dark thought for someone her age, but death had been a reality hammered into her head. She had heard of those that found ways to avert it, and someday she planned to do so, even though she was so young, she knew she didn’t want to die. Life eternal had its consequences, but she would still fight for it, but for now, she planned to fight to make it past the approaching night.

Although Jorogumo had no trust for this strange mare, she knew that she
was one of the only hopes for her survival. She looked up at her, solid white eyes boring into the other mare. Would she shift uncomfortably like the few others Jorogumo had encountered? Or could was this mare strong like Mommy and bear the intense gaze of the spider child?

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-25-2013, 01:53 AM