Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

[OOC: Paladin is challenging Gossamer for lead of the Foothills. 800 word limit as stated in the rules. No paragraph rules. 4 attack posts and closing defense. This is held in the Foothills at the tail end of summer. Time of day is evening when it's just starting to cool off, but the sun is still higher in the sky. Magic/Dragons permitted according to rules. Paladin also has buffs "endure", "swift", and "bulk". I, Tamme, would be happy to make this a teaching spar too, if you want, Illu. ]

Paladin had taken his time in regaining his strength and healing from his wounds. The shades had not been kind to his body, but neither had his brothers and sisters in his homeland so long ago. Though an unfortunate reality, the black dun stallion was used to pain, and he pushed through it with a rapt, internal discipline. To prove himself against their military chief, he fought Smoke and emerged victorious without use of his dark powers. The former leader, father, and lover thought that he would be content as a warrior, but his bold heart told him otherwise. He ached inside to watch as the members of the Foothills wandered, their leaders so often absent or unwilling. He admired Indy very much, but Paladin saw age in his eyes; leadership took passion.

Passion was something Gossamer had in plenty, and if Paladin were being honest, the sheer deluge of emotions made him wary. Having been born and raised by his father, the Crimson King of Dorngarrow, emotions were not permitted, but he found love in his heart for Soleil. Though even he had difficult displaying the depth of his affections at times. Gossamer on the other hand was a veritable ocean of emotions, which was admirable in a mare, but perhaps not in a leader - or so Paladin thought.

So his noble, bold heart lead him to this moment, and with a burst of air from his lungs, he cried out a challenge to the white mare. He challenged her for her leadership of the herd, though with respect. She was still Soleil's mother, after all. "My lady," he said, looking around for the mare. "I challenge you for the Foothills. Though you have my respect for raising my love and my appreciation for your acceptance of my love for her, I cannot stand idly by as a warrior of this great land. I desire to make this place great. My heart's yearning for the Tides has waned, and my love for the Hills has grown. I hope you understand, but regardless..."

The stallion's crimson eyes flashed with purpose and determination, and he dipped his chin to his chest, displaying his pale, elegant horn. As the sun began to descend slowly, the light danced across the muscles of his lithe and fit form; he awaited a response, but he was prepared for attack.

[Word Count: (403 words) - Challenge, no attack or defense]

ABOVE ALL ELSE, EQUALITY

Messages In This Thread
Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Paladin - 08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Gossamer - 08-10-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Paladin - 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Gossamer - 08-14-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Paladin - 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Gossamer - 08-20-2012, 02:51 AM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Paladin - 08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Gossamer - 08-23-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: Try It Again [Goss Challenge] - by Paladin - 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM