the Rift

[PRIVATE] birds and bears, oh my!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
quote </style>

"I'm fine sugar- Phaedra responded, and then, hearing his follow up question, brightly laughed. "We're fine." Stella trilled happily, holding up what appeared to be a rather large snake. The bird consisted of three colours: white (wings and body) black (legs) and brilliant orangey-yellow (face). She was a beautiful creature, but by the strength of the grip and the length of the talons that held onto the snake, it was clear that she wasn't just a pretty face. The Earth God had chosen well, in gifting her to Phaedra. "Stella is a secretary bird." She concluded with a smile.

As the warrior admitted that he too was on a conquest, Phaedra smiled and nodding knowingly. Long, long ago, when she had first arrived in Helovia, she had been given a similar task....although hers did not involve finding companions. Instead, it involved finding love in others. For a moment, her mind drifted back to those carefree days, of Levi and Sohalia...Sighing happily, she refocused her attention on the oddly patterned warrior. "Sounds like he had the Grey in mind, when we were the Grey. That sounds like Stella, Eytan, and Tinek."

Before she could say more, a white mass and a blue mare appeared. Joy filled Stella's breast at the sign of one of her oldest friends; though as that joy bubbled up it was displaced somewhat by a rather unsettling thought. Phaedra couldn't remember the last time she and Lakota had spoken. She had been there when the girls had been born and then after that...? Had it really been all herd meetings and Invasions? Did Lakota even know that she, the skinny and glittering spy, had been sent to fight at the Edge? She was sure if the darker mare heard the news, it would have sent her into a fit of laughter.

But something wasn't ... right. Lakota had always disapproved of her flirtatious ways - surely moreso now that her coat perpetually glittered and she was now a Chieftess, but it was always in an almost materialistic, sisterly way. Now she seemed cold, but intentionally so. Swallowing the lump of pride and hurt that had begun to form in her throat, Phaedra tossed her creamy mane slightly, so that it fell in cascading ripples down to her shoulders. "Pity you didn't also need a white bear, sugar." Phaedra chuckled, trying not to let her unease permeate through her voice.

Stella, feeling this tension as well as the same desires as Aodaun, tried to forcefully mend the gap. Picking up her snake, Stella flew-hopped her way to the polar bear, trilling slightly. Communication between species as different as they was impossible, but Stella wasn't concerned. She could surely flit out of the reach of his paws, if things went south. Landing hesitantly next to him, she chirped again, before taking her razor-sharp claws to the snake, and cutting it clean in half. Cheep? She inquired, picking up half of the snake and extending it to the polar bear with a long and thin black limb.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
birds and bears, oh my! - by Locket - 11-16-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: birds and bears, oh my! - by Phaedra - 11-16-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: birds and bears, oh my! - by Locket - 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: birds and bears, oh my! - by Lakota - 12-20-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: birds and bears, oh my! - by Phaedra - 12-20-2013, 11:27 AM