the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The harp ceases to ring, and the earth falls silent once again. I am left alone with my humming, the beaming smile of father encouraging the sound. The world ends its low rumbling dance, and all of the listeners fall silent, waiting for the words of the great bay. At my own recognition in his speech, I sheepishly grin, my head dashing downward in a bow of respect and to hide the nerves written across my face.

At the sound of Cera's name, I jerk my head back up, seeing the familiar patterns of gold and white, only warped into a large body of a stallion. Often when we were children, I forgot that Cera was the elder. Now, as he stands fully mature next to my father, I am reminded of a small but significant gap. I trot forth, my hooves digging into the sand and propelling me forward to the side of my step-brother, where I aim to gently nudge his shoulder in welcome, as father's attention has already drifted.

"Cera," I whisper, a smile on my face. I had not seen him in months, and I hoped that he would recognize me from the gangly yearling of our last meeting. "I missed you, brother."

Moments pass, the great God shifting through the crowd, acknowledging all and welcoming them with his warm features. His gaze landing upon my own as he speaks a farewell to the company, I smile graciously. I had looked for my father upon the end of the night this spring, but had been unable to meet with him. I suppose that made sense; many reparations likely occurred to the land in the presence of the sun, finally returning home. To be able to spend time in his presence now was a blessing, I thought, and welcomed the opportunity to speak with him.

With surprise, I find that he calls upon me and another for a private conversation, glancing uncertainly from the strange striped fellow to the Earth God. I listen to him politely as his instructions begin. My ears flicker uncertainly at the task, for it was not as simple as growing plants to aid anyone who needed it. This was a test for myself, one that I could not hope to measure up to at this point. I had courage, proven that over the Endless Night by traveling alone, but I often avoided that which caused me unease.

Seeing this flaw, it made sense that my father wished to test my grit. Strengthen me. Could I be strengthened? What should be done?

"I will, father."

Credits: Tamme Art

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Tingal - 11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Solace - 11-17-2013, 01:18 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Africa - 11-17-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Hototo - 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Aurelia - 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Kahlua - 11-17-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Sacre - 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Eris_ - 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Torleik - 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM