the Rift

» punching in a dream II [open]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

It has been too long. I was not fulfilling my duties. Once a season I promised. I did not deserve this, Father Earth must be disappointed. I guess I had forgotten when Evers left, I seemed to even forget what life was worth living for. I was back to not even thinking about him, after that day I went to the Heart and nearly jumped in. A shudder slithers down my spine, wings rattling off my sides where they were tucked neatly. I push them out and soar into the air, wind blowing my hair back lazily and sending it astray.

The last time I had (tried) to visit him was with Apollo, I believe two seasons ago. He didn't arrive and I felt bad because I wanted Apollo to meet The God of the Earth. The wind prickles my skin and I grin. I feel so weightless and free, dangling by nothing, suspended and aloft by my star spangled wings. I twirl in the air, an art, a dance as I do so so breathlessly. I momentarily forget about my pain when I am truly free - I pity those who are not winged, who can not feel the wind rushing past them, who can never feel the suspense of being dangled in the air. It must be terrible, but it can't be too bad since they have never experienced before so they don't know what they're missing out on. But I still pity them, even if they are racist or undeserving. Because everyone is deserving of true freedom.

As I reach the heart of the Foothills, I lower myself down to the ground with a light thud, breaking into a trot. My mane bounces against my neck, tucking my wings in against my frame as I move towards my pool. The gems glitter brightly under the bright sun, heat emanating down upon her and causing a thin layer of sweat to build up on her pelt. She slows to a walk, approaching the pool slowly and gazing at her reflection for a long while. "I am sorry I am not living up to what I promised." I whisper, guilt crushing my voice as the sadness threatens to overpower me, constantly poking at the back of my mind. There is silence for a long time, golden eyes vacant before lighting up when I speak up again. "I know it is belated, but I am so happy to have you, and the other Gods back..." I murmur, "So many of us were lost without you."

Even if he doesn't come, all I want is for him to hear me. To know that someone is listening.

IRRYDAE
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
» punching in a dream II [open] - by Irrydae - 11-17-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: » punching in a dream II [open] - by Irrydae - 11-17-2013, 07:30 PM