the Rift

[OPEN] We are the wind before the thunderstorm.

Meraki Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I froze.

It was quite involuntary, but the memories – we cannot escape our past quite as easily as we can escape a physical threat. The memory remains, even as physical pain fades away and the consequences heal themselves.

Which is why, the moment his otherwise mellow glance turned sharp, my entire body seized and tensed up at the ready. I did not realistically think he was going to attack me in full view of anyone around, and he honestly didn’t sound the type, but a lifetime of instinct and experiences spoke louder than any reason ever could.

It took every nerve in me to not draw away from his touch. Somehow, I managed, but not without a full-body shiver. When he drew back, however, I could not resist a (very) slight nip in the general direction of his nose; I wasn’t even entirely sure why I would do such a thing, and I knew it wasn’t meant for harm. Goodness knows what’s possessed me since I arrived in this place!

So I swallowed once, twice, three times, and breathed out. “Yes. Sort of. It is true that the one who put that on me no longer lives.”

May he rot forever.

Meraki.

“I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me.”
— T. S. Eliot

Messages In This Thread
We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 11-30-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 12-08-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: We are the wind before the thunderstorm. - by Meraki - 12-22-2013, 09:44 AM