the Rift

[DROP] Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The wind began to blow, softly at first, then stronger, and stronger. I gasped aloud and pulled feathers free from their sheath. There was no need to struggle for the breeze didn’t burn, nor did it threaten. It simply lashed itself from underneath by an invisible tether. One could say that I didn’t thrash about like a small child unable to breach its mother’s womb, but there wasn’t a moment flying over that gaping hole that my heart didn’t stop its pathetic race. Flying without the main use of wing was a strange and unfamiliar fixation. Lava boiled beneath my feet, but the air was cool—much cooler than the furnace below. I stiffened as the orb drew close, a gentle wave of comfort seemed to pulse from its core. A small smile lifted one corner. It was beautiful in a foreign way—powerful.

Earth washed inside me, filling the empty crevice. The wave of energy soothed my soul and chased fear back into the dark abyss it had sprung. Now I was completely relaxed, the muscles my both went lax—surrendering to the magic of this extraordinary place. It was once in every great while that something amazingly beautiful happened in the lives of those who clung to mortality. A wise steed would learn to savor these moments, for they were often few and far between. Bittersweet.

Unknowingly I had closed my eyes, when lids opened again the earth was beneath me. Solid against my feet. “Thank you.” Something, or someone whispered. I glanced around, seeing others who had also made it across; yet none who could have just spoken. “Aye,” I whispered back, “Ye is welcome. Thank ye for life and its boundless gifts.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Oxy - 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Ciceron - 11-17-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Midas - 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Hototo - 11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Takara - 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Torleik - 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM