the Rift

Nothing's good enough for me [open]

Crake Posts: 19
Deceased
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 1 year
Sarah

thoughts ____________ speaking

Well Crake was lonely but he really did not want to admit that to this colt. He could not think of a smart reply just at the moment though - so he simply moved his shoulders in a shrug like motion. That kindness in the other colt’s voice was alien to him – since when do others speak to him in such a manner? Certainly his mother and father never had, nor had the pack that he had come across on his travels.

So yes, he was terribly lonely and a little bit frightened – and he knew his abrasive manner was likely going to chase the colt off eventually. He wasn’t above following Sacre home anyway but it’d sure make things a whole lot easier with a guide and an actual, legitimate invitation. He wasn’t entirely sure how this whole thing worked, after all, but it seemed like this was the place where you were invited into a herd. It was a threshold after all – and it would appear there was a world called Helovia beyond it, as mentioned by his companion.

See, he can be smart when he felt like it.

Still, he had found himself in a tricky situation.

The white-and-purple colt did not want to be left her alone but he also wasn’t exactly willing to say that so easily. Maybe Sacre wouldn’t think him weak for it; maybe he’d actually be happy if Crake said something remotely friendly, but that tactic still wasn’t something he could live with at the moment. Better to not give the other colt any high expectations for the conversation. After all, he had to be cautious – he had no idea what being welcomed warmly involved.

This whole interacting-with-his-age-group was a lot more difficult than he thought it would be.

His suspicions still whirling around in his head, he managed to get a reply out with acceptable timing. “Sounds good to me. Can’t be any worse than this place.” He actually made something of an effort to not sound quite so indifferent – that survival instinct kicking in and telling him his purple ass would be left here if he continued to be a little snot. A crooked little grin even formed at the end of his sentence as he looked to the looming trees around them. Already the fading light was being choked out by them as the sun slowly moved towards the western horizon, bringing the forest into a premature dusk.

He exaggerated a shiver for effect and added: “These trees give me the willies.”

Well, hopefully he wouldn’t be led off to his doom. That’d certainly put a damper on things.

CRAKE
you can shine like silver all you want but
you're just aluminum

Messages In This Thread
Nothing's good enough for me [open] - by Crake - 11-17-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Nothing's good enough for me [open] - by Crake - 11-26-2013, 07:19 PM