the Rift

Flickering Shadows

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Kali rode upon my nape like a swan, queen of her ship and all she could see. Her excited chattering was relentless, a mixture of feline and avian sounds only marginally tolerable in their high pitched nature. I had decided she was due for her first real outing, and thought, perhaps, that she should like to see the great fire. She responded positively to this suggestion, screeching excitedly at the image of explosive flames and scrambling onto my back enthusiastically, gripping my tail with long talons and clambering onto her favorite perch. She was still too young to do much more than glide, but her long pale wings were coming in nicely beneath the downy, baby fluff she still bore.

When we arrived in the Heart she let out a cry of excitement, leaping awkwardly off of my onyx barrel, luckily landing on her feet. "Be careful!" I called to her as she wandered away to inspect a pile of gemstones, sitting on her haunches and examining them with a critical eye. I had long since given up on keeping her under any sort of control, and only hoped she would not stumble into the fire. The heat was unbearable, even at night, but the shadows cast by flickering light were well worth the expedition... and Kali's exuberance did not hurt. I glanced around, suddenly realizing that I had lost sight of the small white gryphon. "Kali!" slashing at my hocks with silky whiplocks. Her screeching answered me, and with an amused snort I set off in her direction, venturing lazily through the sparse grass.

Messages In This Thread
Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 08-10-2012, 02:50 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 08-17-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Vikram - 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-28-2012, 01:02 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Vikram - 09-08-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-10-2012, 10:14 PM