the Rift

[OPEN] Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

I’d awoken early, before the cruel soulless stars could blink out. Fina hadn’t. She climbed from her spot in the Magnolia tree and slipped from the branches down to the junction where feather met wither. Not once did those brilliant orbs open, not so much as a peep escaped her clamped beak. I rose from the ground carefully, my wings slithered apart. Fluidly I pumped them, relishing in the feeling of cool air slipping beneath and filling my feathers. Our oasis home fell away, golden orbs lured back and forth—seeking a certain pair of warriors that would be making a journey to Helovia’s heart.

The sky was still dark by the time me and my sleeping companion made it to the border; swiftly the ground went from red sand to steaming earth. “Guacho?” I called out into the darkness, there was no moon tonight, only starlight and fire. We had agreed upon meeting just outside of the Throat, closest to the border and North of the wall. Helovia’s heart was just ahead. Fina snuggled deeper in my feathers, still unwilling to meet the coming dawn. I sighed and circled the sky, keeping a lookout for Africa and Guacho. Gaze drifted to the rising steam with disinterest, it held little lure. There hadn’t really been a time when I’d had the desire to hang around this place. It was mostly inhabitable considering that the majority of it was burning on the surface or burning in a sulfur pit. Either or was slightly less than idle when it came to survival.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open) - by Midas - 11-18-2013, 10:38 PM