the Rift

[OPEN] Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I tried to find you at the bottom of a bottle
my loneliness was rattling the window

My lucky companion could stay curled in a warm swath of alabaster fathers. While she slept, I was privileged with the task of keeping a watchful search going overhead; eventually my span gained wider and wider spirals. Soon enough this bored task became less dreary; a dot appeared from the southern dunes, a dappled dot that grew larger as she strove near. Africa was coming along. Windblown corners twisted into a welcoming grin that couldn’t be seen from this altitude. The sun God had chosen well, his Oracle was very brave to make this journey and my faith in her abilities where right on cue. Her shinning companion and optimistic personality were a shining beacon for us all to follow.

I swept down and playfully bobbed my head which sent a cascading wave of tendrils to fall across patched shoulders in wild array, “Good morning, Africa.” Guacho arrived soon after; his massive birthright gracefully gliding through the air as only a fledged Pegasus might. I glanced over and sent a welcoming beam his way. He gave a report, announcing that the borders are secure and maintained. A following nod would suffice for an answer. Gaze slide down to Africa, “Well...the sun will be up soon. If thee two is ready, let us be off.”

Guacho led the way to yonder cavern. I purposely hung back, absentmindedly keeping watch over the traveler below; trying to maintain a pace that was suitable. It became apparent early on that it was a good thing our troop had decided to travel during the earliest hours, it was already uncomfortably hot. My body was warm and slightly damp around the neck, shoulders, and hips by the time we had arrived at the base of our exploratory cavern. A strange illumine was trailing from within, there was a stream of fire coating each wall, a shield of crystal like glass stood between us and the fire. Yonder stone remained firmly packed and unyielding to the flaming kisses. Strong waves of heat were emitting from the endless fire yet it was not so uncomfortable that one would burn themselves.

Fina stirred awake, bright sea colored pools opening to gaze up at the entrance with a rising distaste. Daggers clicked against the lava fashioned rocks, gold spread to cover the surface of stone where each hoofclick fell. I glanced back and grinned sheepishly at Africa, “Does ye know this cavern?”

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open) - by Midas - 12-03-2013, 01:36 PM