the Rift

Blue Horizon

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Evers swallows, taken aback by Irrydae's sudden outrage. He listens carefully, trying to make each word out as she shouts and he winces, his mind, his heart, were confused and shocked. He was ashamed of himself, but lost as to where such raw emotion came from, that day she had turned away from him... He thought she did not return such love. At one point Evers had believed there was a possibility, but she had run away hadn't she? Left him in the Heavenly Fields, he had taken it as her unspoken rejection and left it at that, still wanting to walk beside her as a friend. He looked at Rita who stared back with sad eyes, she had always known, her senses so much more finer than his own, the hound's gaze enough to make Evers drop his own and look to the floor as if it had all the answers before taking in a deep breath to explain himself, concious of his audience. "I am so sorry Irrydae, I had no idea it would have such an effect on you, I thought you probably didn't want to see me any more after we met in the Heavenly Fields... Truly, I'm sorry! My adoptive mother has gone, my brothers have their own paths now and I was simply lost at the time. I needed space to think, to become a better stallion, but I see now I have caused sadness I didn't wish to cause." His gaze had become soft, he didn't understand her anger, but he shouldered it himself and grimly cursed his own idiocy for causing tears to run down her face. "Don't apologize, I was selfish and I left because I thought it was best, it was my fault."

The skinny stud turned nervously to his other guests then, his face lightening a touch with a smile to them. He looks to the one who introduced himself as Torleik "I have heard of your home briefly, the mountains like to keep their secrets, but perhaps one day I'd like to see it. Knowledge has always been my driving force after all." The cold and snow didn't really appeal, but the fact he hadn't seen or know what was up there ate at him, Evers always wanted to know and hated it when he didn't.

The blue became much more concerned then as he turned to Locket, remembering earlier he had mentioned an invasion. "The Foothills fought the Worlds Edge? What did they hope to gain for such a venture? I gather from your voice it didn't turn out well." Evers sighed, he didn't like war and many fought to end it, though the blue had been around long enough now to know that war was always inevitable and spending your life trying to stop it was pointless. Emotion bred love which in turn bred hate, to stop war one needed to stop feeling and that was impossible. Yet, he was confused as to why the foothills would want to invade the Worlds Edge, the Aurora Basin had always had its secrets and Evers knew little of them other than they had been kicked out of the Edge before, there involvement was explained in a way.

He waited a moment, allowing time for replies, before looking outwards through the trees. Evers had made a decision before he came back here, he wanted to start anew, to carve his own path without Mandrake hanging over his head or worried he'd be called away on some secret family mission at the drop of a hat. "Irrydae... Will you meet me later, I will send Rita to find you, we can talk some more then... If that's what you want?" He still wasn't sure, her reactions were confusing, but Evers wasn't confident about talking in front of two strangers, friendly as they were. "I have come back now to start my life again. I think I will head west and find purpose there. Thank you Torleik and Locket, our meeting may have been brief, but a friendly face is always welcome and appreciated. I wish you well on your paths and hope we meet again." He nodded to both before turning to Irrydae, awaiting an answer.

Messages In This Thread
Blue Horizon - by Evers - 11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Locket - 11-19-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Torleik - 11-19-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Irrydae - 11-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Evers - 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Locket - 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Torleik - 11-27-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Irrydae - 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Blue Horizon - by Evers - 12-14-2013, 07:54 PM