the Rift

[PRIVATE] Down by the river side
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
I wasn’t sure what to make of this stranger; and apparently he wasn’t sure what to make of me. The half horse like thing leaned ahead, I watched intently as he bowed down—mimicking a pose of reverence that didn’t suit my stature in this world. Said pose was for the gods alone; I felt my lips curl into a smile despite the fact that it was likely myself which should be showing the utmost respect for this spirit. In truth this wasn’t my first encounter with the unusual beings of this world—and obviously it wasn’t to be my last.

My musings didn’t last for long; apparently hushed words had been within earshot, a voice rocketed toward us with an excitement that made me start like a doe suddenly caught between wolves. “You can talk!?” Mouth flapped open and I felt Fina scurry along my neck, eagerly approaching the brim—her weight pressed against my head but I barely noticed. It took me a moment to shut my jaw as he muttered on; flapping his rosy mouth up and down. A short tongue was hidden behind jaws, and two canines poked out—like predator. His mane was short, choppy and didn’t run the length of his body; but some of it had invaded his....face, and was growing into some semblance of a beard that I had often seen unicorns and elders sport.

He finished mumbling, straightened and offered me another bow while speaking slower, steadier. His polite manner cooled the nervous race of my heart. Feathered limbs slide effortlessly into their protective sheath, I sighed as they fell tightly against my barrel. Right forelimb extended until my frame had fallen into a graceful bend that was due to return his polite gesture. Ivory tendrils lashed against my quarters when I rose again and met his distant eyes, “Midas, son of Therin and Belie. Soldiers of Dragon’s Throat.” Ah yes, it had been noted that he had mentioned his da and ma’s, “Whose names likely mean little to ye.”

“Ye has an equine tongue, are ye a spirit?” I hadn’t wanted to draw near, but the stranger had awoken a curious spark that wouldn’t be satisfied until fed proper tender.
Credits or something
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-30-2013, 01:36 AM