the Rift

[OPEN] Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Ever-nomadic in spirit and wishing to introduce his companion to as many new places as possible, Torleik wandered out of the Basin and to the west, along the coastline. As much as the mountain range would allow, anyway. Irelyn was beginning to watch other birds fly and make feeble attempts at taking to the air herself. Every time she flapped and fluttered and thunked to the ground, his heart would lurch, hoping the little creature wasn't hurt.

She never was. He guess he should have taken into account that she couldn't get enough height to harm herself, but sometimes she would leap from her nest on his back like a madwoman and recklessly go for it. She attempted this very thing right at that moment and Torleik grunted, giving her a pointed look when she seemed grumpy about hitting the earth so hard.

"It isn't going to suddenly not hurt, Irelyn," he admonished, leaning his head down so she could grapple with his horns and climb back to her nest with his mane as a guide-rope. Torleik was unaware the land he was walking in was known as the World's Edge, and he was even more unaware of the tensions it held with the Basin and their inhabitants. His arrival had been after whatever hostilities the two herdlands had conducted passed.

So, blissfully ignorant of his the trespass his presence would be considered, the dual-horned demon continued on, remembering. Last he had been here, a strange mare had been on the ground, the waves lapping around her body. Torleik tried to help, but had been set upon by Kahlua and Resplendence - the latter who had been in possession of a dagger. He still didn't understand why they had wanted him gone from their beach. Was his help not wanted? Should he have simply let the mare in question drown? Would that not have made him complicit in a murder by his inaction?

A sensation from his bond with Irelyn brought him out of how deeply he was buried within his thoughts, the feeling simply translated as 'pretty...' if, perhaps, his companion knew how to speak. Curious, he looked up and did not see what the owl griffin was fascinated with right away. However, it soon became apparent something was...off...about the sky here. Everything seemed wobbly and distorted.

Was there some kind of magical field? Approaching with great caution, the blue-eyed demon reached out with a tentative hoof and expected pain upon contact with whatever it was, wincing and turning his head away.

His hoof was halted, and nothing happened.

Hm. Anticlimactic.

Looking closer, the unicorn suddenly understood, and he was simultaneously awed and fascinated. It was glass! A massive wall of glass! "Amazing!" he breathed, eyes scaling up to try to find the boundaries of this magnificent creation. Who had constructed this? How had they accomplished it? How was it completed so quickly? Having no personal quarrel with the equines, Torleik did not assume this was meant to keep his kind out, and his curiosity pushed him on to discover more. He walked along the giant barrier until he believed he saw an opening ahead, and wondered if there would be any watchmen or guards. Perhaps they could answer his questions?

[[Sadly uninformed Torleik is sadly uninformed. I'd like him to learn about the snarky snarks between the World's Edge and the Basin, and this wall is a perfect talking point to kick off that discussion. I would prefer for him not to immediately get run off if y'all don't mind, because I'd really like him to be able to learn more history of what's taken place before he arrived. Open to any who'd like to help me/my boy out!]]

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All? - by Torleik - 11-21-2013, 05:05 PM