the Rift

[OPEN] Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All?

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

A small gryphon, probably no more than a hatchling, unleashed itself from the back of the unicorn and attempted to snap at Fajira as she blocked the path through the gate. A cold, mocking trill of a laughter ran like icy waters from her maw as the babe fell back to the ground, and as if to show how flying was supposed to be done the white dragon flapped her wings and arched up and back in the air, drawling a perfect loop with her flexible body, only to level out with a graceful flick of the tail. The snort she gave off to hammer down her point was laden with red-hot sparks; then she turned the attention away from the flightless dove and began circling the air above the gate, guarding it with teeth bared and threatening growls; just in case the nameless stranger would be foolish enough to try and pass again.

Lace went even further than that. As he approached the rugged stallion his senses reached out to the nearby trees, and without an outward hint of what he was doing he urged the roots to grow, piercing up through the soil to weave a barricade to effectively block the path through the opening. Thin yet tough coils wobbled and danced on their path upwards, veering elegantly for Kahlua's head and forming a cob-webbed pattern that would remain until the silver stallion was sure there was no threat to the herd anymore.

"I wouldn't call it unprovoked" he retorted coolly and placed himself in front of the barricade, sparing his painted herd-sister a quick smile in recognition before turning to award the intruder with his full attention. "I don't care whether you're a king or slave, you have no right to walk into the land of the Qian without invitation, unicorn. Especially not when you reek of ice and blood. I'll bet the hairs on my tail that he's from the Basin," he said and turned the head half around, addressing the Glazier with a knowing smirk. "I don't know any other horses stupid enough not to get the message when they're faced with a giant wall... "

"Playing ignorant too, what a sly one" he added, returning to stare coldly at the horned one, uncaring about both the offended sound of his voice or the small hybrid creature on the ground; it was too small to be a threat, and with Fajira guarding the sky above ready to rain hellfire down on all of them Lace felt no need to worry.

"I suggest you turn around and walk freely somewhere else, stranger. Perhaps back north where you belong - I'm sure one of your cut-throat friends would be willing to tell you why unicorns aren't welcome at the World's Edge."

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All? - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 05:45 AM