the Rift

[OPEN] Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All?

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
RedGod - I would appreciate if you address this issue in a PM instead, and I will gladly respond to your concerns.
For the time being, I would like to point out to all involved that Fajira has not so much as TOUCHED Irelyn - the one who attacked was her, and the only damage inflicted to her has come from her own fall to the ground. All Fajira did in response was laugh and show off.

The rugged stallion exploded in a long tirade of words, and as he was talked back to Lace listened with ears flattened against the neck and lips pressed tightly together, grimly doing his best to keep a normally complacent temper from flaring. When all of a sudden Kaj appeared and threw himself into the discussion, the grullo took a deep breath and listened with closed eyes as his WingLeader emptied his heart - when all finally lay bared and bleeding on the ground between them and voices had stilled, the gray equine opened dusky lids once more and gave all the gathered horses a sweeping glare with piercing yellow eyes.

"Are you all quite done now? Then let me speak." The voice was cold and clear, calm and yet so firm that it allowed for no one to interrupt. "First of all; calm down. Your comrade is unharmed, stranger. Fajira has not touched her, nor would she ever do so unprovoked. If you remember, the one to take a launch was your hatchling, and I will not be blamed for your own lack of control."

"Secondly, it is none of my business how long you have spent in Helovia or what the customs were in your old lands. That goes for both of you" he said and gave Kaj a sharp look. "If you have, as you stated, spent a season in this land, then you have had a full season to make yourself familiar with the current politics of this area. I take no responsibility for your own ignorance, nor will I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Our herd has suffered repeated attacks from unicorns over the past two years, several that was completely unprovoked. Kaj, you should remember this. You should also remember that it was unicorns that murdered two of our kin without any provocation what so ever, simply because they were of a different race."

The eyes of the grullo turned hard at the mention of the fatalities, an expression that didn't thaw in the slightest as he returned to address the horned one.

"From my standpoint, you were sneaking around the borders of my home, attempting to intrude upon my land with neither invitation nor explanation. And when you were asked for a purpose you replied in a cheeky tone without offering a proper explanation - and no I don't see curiosity as a proper reason to enter within these walls. Not when I know neither name nor affiliation of the person in question, and have no one to vouch for your good intentions. I have every reason to be suspicious of unicorns, and I will continue to be for as long as the Reaper rules in the North. "

A tap of a black hoof against the ground hammered down the statement with firm finality, and as he with a quiet summon to his dragon turned towards the loose-tongued pegasus, the calm expression was broken by a displeased frown. Unflinching as Fajira landed on his withers, a low growl rumbling through her throat in reflection of his pent up emotions he gave the WingLeader a stern look.
"You shouldn't be so trusting, Kaj. It is unsuitable for a WingLeader to accept any and all who come to our borders without exception. I do not ask you to step aside from your gentle ways, but I do expect a general to at least keep the best interest of the herd in mind whenever he acts. If you still think I'm being harsh, then try asking Aaron, Azale and Sakura what they think about letting unfamiliar unicorns into the herd - or Mirage, since she was the one who approved of the construction of this wall in the first place. It is not a decoration, soldier. It is a first line of defense and stands here for a very good reason."

With that he grew silent, remaining where he was with head held high and an unyielding expression that hinted of rock-hard stubbornness. They could protest, complain and whine all they wanted; Lace had said what he would say, and no objections from their parts would change his mind. He had already stated his opinion on the matter; Torleik was not welcome beyond the wall, and that the King of the Edge stood fast by.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All? - by Lace - 12-08-2013, 08:47 AM