the Rift

[OPEN] Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All?

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Voices all a mixture of irritation, mild anger, exasperation, defensiveness, and aggression filtered between the trees of Evangeline's new found home. It made the orange mare's stomach feel sour and Tallis shifted uneasily at the sudden change in his bonded's demeanor. He balanced himself on the mare's neck then shoved himself upward, orange wings beating against the air as he hefted his body upward and then he was off flying silently through the trees, black eyes searching the ground below. She was new here, Evangeline reminded herself, but how could she not be curious and investigate something that so disrupted the peace? Tallis guided her from his position overhead and as she walked the voices grew louder, two of which she recognized from the Threshold as Lace and Kahlua.

As Evangeline came upon the scene she found herself listening to Lace berate a stallion named Kaj, whom she assumed to be pegasus since there was a very real sense of dislike for the unicorn that was on their land. The orange dragon circled overhead, trilling occasionally to the two companions below. Gradually he began to descend, his circles focusing over the pegasus male, whom he trilled to gently before alighting upon his back since he seemed to be one of the focuses of reprimand.

"If I may intrude." Evangeline said as she stepped forth. "I may be new, but I know a tone of racism when I hear it." She did not focus on one individual but looked from one to the other. "I understand that you were wronged on more than one occasion, from what I've overheard, but that does not make such a tone of hatefulness right." She would never understand why racism was deemed necessary, but she wished she could abolish it completely from the world. It was a waste of time and energy and she firmly believed that if everyone put as much time into helping one another as they did hating one another the world would be a paradise. "Have you ever heard the phrase 'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind?'" She asked the painted mare as she tried to justify herself by asking what the Basin would do. She said no more so that the mare would think about what she said and continued on.

"I lived in Helovia when the World's Edge belonged to the unicorns and it was the Qian that came in and invaded. I am not saying that it is right for them to do what you say they've done, but I cannot fully fault them for the grudge that they may still hold within their hearts. Nor can I fault you for your grudge, but one of you will have to be the bigger stallion and put forth some kind of effort to end the ridiculous feud that was started, lest you desire your home to be reduced to ashes and bodies because the only thing you're doing is breeding hatred and making a nesting ground for war." There was the question in the back of her mind of how the group would react to her words, but she had to speak them. She could not sit idly by and not say anything.

The mare's emerald gaze then swept toward the unicorn and she offered him a kind smile and a nod of her head. "Greetings, I am Evangeline the Pure and the orange dragon is my companion, Tallis." She could not apologize for the words of the WeyrLeader but she refused to treat the unicorn as if he were a plague within the forest, an outcast deserving of nothing but scorn.

"Answering racism with racism and hatred with more hatred will only lead to death." Evangeline murmured as she looked to the dragon who nodded his head once. "We learned the hard way in Isilme." She sighed and shook her head and hoped that they would take her seriously and wondered if Lace would berate her the way he had the pegasus stallion. The orange mare wondered if Lace would remember the constant war that assaulted Isilme and its residents and would realize that she spoke from experience and not just idealistic fantasy.

ooc:// don't mind me. evangeline was only beating me in the head wanting to post here :3

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All? - by Evangeline - 12-08-2013, 05:24 PM