the Rift

[OPEN] Take my passport out again [any]

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Dark brows raised slightly at the way the gray started, but didn't say anything about it. She supposed that it could be somewhat unnerving to find yourself face to face with a shadow, no matter how mortal; especially when one had considered themselves alone and undisturbed. The reaction still only added to the slight amusement of the marginally older pegasus, who somehow felt years older than the slender dove. Perhaps it was the softness of the eyes that did it, or the energy with which she moved; Shadow wasn't sure, but whatever it was she envied the Oracle her energy. The mere thought of stepping beyond the protective shade of the palm-trees was revolting, and frankly she didn't see the point in making the effort to move things around - could anything be of such worth that she would carry it from place to place?

Well, she thought as she settled down in the shade once more, perhaps she wasn't one to judge. The broken horn she had claimed as prize after her battle with a unicorn still rested in the fold of her wing, and wrapped around it was a yellow stone embedded in intricate metal lace. The blackbird wasn't sure why she kept the peculiar tokens with her, but something about them made it hard to let go. One was a proof of her own ability to defend the home, and the other... Well, it was pleasing to the eye, even though the chain was too short to fit around her neck.

Glistening purple eyes watched the one-winged mare beneath the thick, bushy forelock as she settled down, visibly uncomfortable. Another horse might have offered a reassuring smile, said something nonsensical and empty to break the silence. She didn't. There was no need to break the quiet unnecessarily; a slight nod was the only acknowledgment she gave to having heard her 'sister's comment.

Still, eventually her innate curiosity got the better of her. After a long while of eying the carefully wrapped leaf parcel the shadow stirred, oily feathers rustling as the wings seemed to swell;
"What do you have there?" she asked, voice neutral but the glittering gaze betraying her interest.

Caught a bird and let it go, had a rope and don't you know
When I pulled it down, it settled on the ground
Caught a bird and in a trap, had a lot to give back
When the sun came by you opened up your eyes
image credits

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Shadow - 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-22-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Shadow - 11-22-2013, 01:13 AM