the Rift

[OPEN] Take my passport out again [any]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

A little time was left to pass before someone scrambled down the ridge of half-eroded embankment across the lake from where Africa huddled in the shade. Their face was pale beneath the sheer radiance of the sun- perhaps bald-white anyway, so Africa had some trouble placing upon them a name. Never the less she offered across the distance a friendly expression; a relaxed nod and a peaceful smile. After the slightest of exchanges, the Pegasus spread wide their grand wingspan and leapt into the still, dry air above the Throat leaving but the faintest ripple across the clear blue surface in their wake. The dapple grey watched quietly the marvel; the blessing, which once had been her gift also and her tail flicked idly back and forth across pointed charcoal hocks as she remembered the luxury of flight.

“Oh..." slipped softly through her lips when Shadow asked about collection. With a little less of the bubble which had sugar-coated her eagerness previously, Africa glanced down at her leaf-bound package with a delicate sigh. “Just some bits and pieces I have found here and there. Would you like to see?"
The Oracle explained with an easy smile turned towards the other mare. Already conscientious honey-yellow eyes had noted the curiosity glittering through the black Pegasus’ gaze, and she was leaning her neck downwards to allow her lips to unfold the enormous leaf.

Africa peeled the pack open to expose the contents- a large spiralled shell with frightfully sharp spines extending all the way along its tapering length, it was stripped bright brown and black; a dried pink starfish, which smelt almost as old as it looked; the acorn which had been abandoned by a startled Twix in the Threshold, and finally the remaining thin and brittle fragments of Silas’s egg shell- that which Africa had not realised her young companion had hatched from. Unsure if her treasures (all holding safely the memories of past excursions), would appeal to the black Sleuth, Africa glanced from them to her herd-mate curiously and asked earnestly, “Do you have anything special you have kept; things that keep old memories from fading?"

Africa knew little about Shadow- only that Midas was fond of her and that her talents lay well enough in the arts of stealth and espionage to award her the highest of the Throat’s titles in that field. So the question, though simple and seemingly insignificant in the grand scheme of life, was the dappled mare’s extension of interest; a show that she sought to learn more about her ‘sister’ and maybe lay the foundations which might unite them closer in the team.

Ooc: I’m so sorry, I haven’t had a chance to proof read this one. I will run over it a bit later when my daughter is in bed.

credits

Messages In This Thread
Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Shadow - 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-22-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Shadow - 11-22-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-22-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Shadow - 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: Take my passport out again [any] - by Africa - 11-25-2013, 09:34 PM