the Rift

[PRIVATE] little bird, fly away

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

"Brother!"

The stallion's ears flicked back and Lakota's voice registered in his mind immediately, but there was something off about the tone of her voice. His bi-colored eyes flicked up toward the sky and he sighed. Was Lakota a sign from Laima that he should stay in the Foothills? Was she purposely reminding him of his duty to his family? It certainly seemed that way and he almost felt as if he could swallow the pill of living in a place he felt no real connection to. Alleo had never truly known happiness of his own, so he wouldn't be sacrificing his own happiness for his sister, would he? The other ear flicked back and he listened to Lakota's hoof falls as they grew closer. Gradually he began to realize that it was happiness that he had detected in Lakota's voice and guilt began to eat at his soul when he began to wonder at how long it had been since she'd sounded in such a way. How could he even think about leaving Lakota and going off on his own?

Laima had sent him a sign and it was one that he would accept.

His sister came around and they stood face to face, his mismatched eyes staring into a set of lovely violet. The sudden change in her tone made his heart feel like it fell through his chest and flopped onto the ground between his hooves. He should just step on it and crush it so he wouldn't feel anymore. Alleo blinked his eyes and the thought was gone almost as soon as it had entered his mind. "I'm fine, my heart." He reached his muzzle out and touched it gingerly to his sister's. "I was just thinking about the past." He felt confident that she would understand what he spoke of, even if he was lying to some extent. "And contemplating the future."

A smile curled the corners of Alleo's mouth as he slipped on a mask so his sister would not continue to worry. He could only hope that she would not call him on his bluff and force the truth from him. When did he become a liar he wondered as he shifted his gaze back to the horizon. If it meant keeping his sisters happy he would lie through his teeth about every negative thought that entered his head. "And thinking about everything out there. Do you ever wonder?" He nodded his head toward the horizon.

"."

@[Lakota]
i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Messages In This Thread
little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 12-05-2013, 01:50 AM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 12-08-2013, 04:10 AM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 01-18-2014, 10:04 PM