the Rift

[PRIVATE] little bird, fly away

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota & Ktulu
The Poisoner & The Constrictor

Leo should have known that Lakota was not so easily deceived, to think he was not bothered. If he was praying to Laima, it meant something serious had happened, and she was not going to let him lie to her. She knew it was his way of keeping her safe. Didn't he realize that she was no longer the frightened little filly hiding between his legs? Did he not see that she had grown into a woman? But he remained silent after she demanded the truth, looking out at the horizon, and soon- as if the silence demanded to be filled- her own words came spilling out like a waterfall of honesty and revelation. It was hard, to be so forthright. But this was her brother...the one person who had been with her, at her side and at her back, her entire life. Through thick and thin, he had stuck with her, and he deserved to know the truth when it came to her own problems. Maybe if she revealed her thoughts to him, he would do the same.

She shifted her eyes towards him, but kept her face towards the horizon, and her eyes fluttered shut with a soft sigh as her brother's muzzle pressed gently behind her ear. Nipping her gently, soothingly. It was hard for her to agree with what he said, obvious by the soft snort she gave in response, but she remained quiet and obedient as he continued to speak. The sincerity touched her heart with gentle fingers, repairing the damage done to it in the times she had been away from him. Her mind rebelled at the idea that she was all the things Alleo claimed her to be, but her heart sought the affection, the compliments she so rarely received.

She leaned into his touch as soft pink muzzle brushed against her cheek, peering up at him through her forelock, violet shining through black as if they glowed with some sort of inner light. Listening closely to his words, she never took her eyes off him, letting each syllable sink into her like it was tangible. Hanging on the wisdom she would have turned away had any other equine spoken it. Maybe...maybe he was right. No, he was right.

"Alleo...tu sei la ragione per cui vivo...I feel that I'm not ready to do what you want me to...I still need you." The tone of her voice was desperate and lost, slipping into their natural tongue as emotion seized her. Was she strong enough to let go? To actually look towards the future, and not fear it? All her life, she'd been taking it day by day, refusing to look past the next sunrise as she set her goals- always short term. If she started to go her own path...even though she was an adult, could she handle the separation it would cause? She felt as if she wasn't ready to leave Alleo's side, like an unweaned foal, despite her age. If she did what he wanted her to, would he forget her?

----
Translation: Tu sei la ragione per cui vivo - You are the reason I live

Messages In This Thread
little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 12-05-2013, 01:50 AM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 12-08-2013, 04:10 AM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Alleo - 01-18-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: little bird, fly away - by Lakota - 01-19-2014, 08:30 PM