the Rift

[OPEN] Public Outreach [Delivery]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

The journey from our beloved World's Edge to the frigid Basin was one I had not known until now, and I was in disbelief at finding out just how far into the north it lie. With my coat still slick and short from the heat of Tallsun, it was difficult to fend off the tundra winds as they blasted relentlessly against us from all sides possible. Even Suli had taken refuge in the thick of my mane, reminding me fondly of her youth, as she had found flight nearly impossible in these horrendous conditions. As we walked further and further north, I idly wondered just how warm she really was; with a fire brewing in her belly, it couldn't be too bad, could it?

As we continued through the snow and battled the merciless weather, the cold chilling me right through the bone, I was reminded of old injuries that had since mended themselves to the best of their abilities. Every now and then, my left front hock would creak and pop, warranting a grimace to mar my face whenever it was too bad. The old burn on my right shoulder, despite Smoke's efforts to help soothe and heal it, was more or less numb to the entire ordeal of this Tallsun winter. Overall, I could feel the cold taking it's toll on my battle-worn body, but no matter how good it sounded to turn back around and return to the warmth of the Edge, I pressed on. We were on a mission, and I would not leave until it was finished, or until my final breath escaped me.

Far longer than I would have liked into our travels, a vast wall of mountains came into view, and as Aaron directed us towards them, I wondered if they could be the borders of the Basin. It seemed I was right as we drew closer, eventually scaling a narrow, slippery path that proved more than difficult to climb, and it wasn't until we had reached the top did we come to a stop. My breath was hot on the crisp air as I stood amongst my fellow Edgers, bister eyes sweeping across the sight of the Aurora Basin. With mountains surrounding it's entirety, I imagined it to be warmer down there to at least some degree, but I still could not fathom ever living in such an unforgiving environment. From what I could see, pines littered the landscape below, and in the distance I could see a mass of water, only it didn't appear to be frozen as it should have been. Were my old eyes playing tricks on me..?

Tearing my attention away from what was below us to those I had traveled with, I focused my attention first on Kahlua as she spoke. Her nerves had been gradually building ever since we had left, and now that we had arrived, I could tell that she was nearly at her wit's end. Before I could make a move to step closer and lend a comforting muzzle, however, Aaron had beaten me to it. Instead, I walked around behind the painted mare to take residency on her other side to both comfort and protect. A tight smile was cast to her in hopes it would do some good. "Don't fret," I offered in way of comfort, "All will be well." Just as quickly as it had graced my face, though the smile was gone as I focused my gaze back on the land below us. I prayed we had not made a fatal mistake by coming here, that I had not just lied to my compatriots that we would be alright, and that this was not where our bodies would fall. Not today, at least.

"The Edge has come here in peace," came my baritone voice, reverberating throughout the Basin, "We do not seek a fight. Merely, we have come to offer a gift, and then we will be off your doorstep."

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Kahlua - 11-23-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Aaron - 11-24-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Destrier - 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Deimos - 11-26-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Quilyan - 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Illynx - 11-26-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Ulrik - 11-27-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Kahlua - 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Aaron - 11-28-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Public Outreach [Delivery] - by Destrier - 12-01-2013, 09:19 PM