the Rift

what the world will never take [open]

Morpheus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

morpheus

» I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul?

What was this place? It was not like any he'd seen before. Had he really travelled thus far to go no more? The loneliness had been tugging at his hide for days - no months. To journey alone was not what he had foreseen for himself on the day of his birth. No certainly not, for he had envisioned a place surrounded by others, where he could be wreathed with glory and respect. But this? This is what he was reduced to become. A mere shadow of his past self. Sure he had those strong feelings of pride and yes, arrogance, still coursing through his veins - hot blood is not easy to let go - but the stallion felt fragmented; broken; forgotten. "Is this the end?" came his breath, weary and ragged.

The stallion felt as if the world rested on his shoulders. To far had he travelled, but too far had it been to give up now. With a grunt of disapproval, the horse with the dappled grey coat rebuked himself. "Time for later, later is time. Forget the past, now is mine." The small sonnet tumbled from his lips with ease. Morpheus had uttered it many a moment before. It was there to remind him that there was nothing that could stop him from doing what he needed to. It was his purpose to live now, he had to make sure that nothing would get in his way.

To brush off the dust as it were, the great stallion reared up his hind legs, striking out at some unseen foe with his front hooves. They would lash through the air, and were soon accompanied with a neigh that reverberated from inside his throat. A glorious sound in his own mind, for the four year old had always been told he had a wonderful set of lungs, a voice meant to be heard. At least according to his dam anyway. But the notion had most certainly gone to his head, and now as he stood here on the verge of something new, Morpheus almost laughed giddily to himself. The world could not stop him from using his voice, and one would be certain he was about to be heard. "Mere moments are stolen, but now I can regain them. It is now my time." Nothing like a limerick to stir one's emotions, to get them all in check for whatever could happen next.

Messages In This Thread
what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-27-2013, 04:17 PM