the Rift

what the world will never take [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"On the contrary" the argent stallion said quietly, gaze thoughtful as he watched the other equine. "I don't think there could be a time when your other traits would be more important. Loyalty comes with time and duty follows in its wake whether you wish it or not. I find it more interesting to hear about dreams and wishes, because they will tell me who you truly are." A soft smile took the edge off his words. Somewhere in the distance a warbling cry could be heard, its echo bouncing off rocks and trees, faded and warped by the time it reached the ears of the grullo - they twitched reflexively, though in actuality he didn't need them to perceive the message transported upon the wind.

Taking a deep breath, Lace straightened up further and threw the silken mane back with a jerk of the neck. The gaze turned sharp, lids narrowing in intense scrutiny; time was passing by, and if the warning from his bonded was anything to go by there were dangers approaching - wolves, if the image of dark shapes darting through the woods was anything to go by.

"But, if you want to offer your loyalty to someone, how about pledging it to me? I am the leader of a herd called Qian, a family of horses joined together by a mutual desire for peace and prosperity. We reside in an area called the World's Edge, blessed lands watched over by the Goddess of the Moon. It is a good place to live, but the threats to our borders are many. We could use horses like you on the wall... What do you say?"

From above came yet another cry, melodic and fierce with metallic undertones, the scream of a beast; and a marvelous beast she was, the white dragon that swooped down through the canopy, glittering in blinding white hues where the sun touched upon shining alabaster scales. The leaves and branches of the shrubs danced in the gusts of wind created by her beating wings, and as she lowered herself down to perch on the whithers of the stallion there suddenly was no trace left of the lazy vagabond. The burdocks still tangled in the white tail, the strand of grass continued to dangle from the crook of the lips... But it just didn't matter anymore, because the air around him was different, the sense of purpose and strength exuded by the firm gaze had no patience for superficial judgments.

It was the heart that mattered, and now that Fajira was with him, the Silverthorn was whole again.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread